No link between TL-SX3016F v1.0 and TL-SG3452XP v2.0 over SFP+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-14 08:34:25 - last edited 2023-06-14 08:36:07
Model: TL-SX3016F  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

I have a strange problem with link between mentioned switches

The two switches are linked together with fibre (LC OM4 850/850Nm over 50/125 um) over the TL-SM5110-SR module over a patchpanel in the building. from the patchpanel to the switches there are 1m and 5m cables.

The cable is 49.16 meters (tested from the fibre team with test device, with dampings between 0.11-0.14 which is very good) in length between the two patchpanels.

But i get no link between the two switches - if i connect the switches directly over the 5m or 1m cable - i got instantly link.

I did call the cabling company, which did install the 49.16m cable because i dont have any clue, why i didnt get link, so i did assume, it should be the cable itself or the patchpanel. 

The guy did arrive this morning and did test the following scenarios

1. Link between the panels only -> ok with 0.11-0.14 damping
2. LInk between the panels with additionaly connected the 1m and 5m cable -> ok with 0.11-0.14 damping (so the distance is then 55.16m in sum)

So its not the the panel or the cables.

He did assume, maybe the switch did not test the power of Rx/Tx for sending over larger distances and bring more power to the fibre port. Did search little bit and saw, there is a DDD option, but im not sure if this is what i want/need? Also over the SDN i'm not able to set the DDD feature and i cant directly edit the switches, because they are locked (SDN).

So my questions

How to enable DDD in SDN? Or how to boost more power to fibre ports on the switches?

Options
3 Reply
Re:No link between TL-SX3016F v1.0 and TL-SG3452XP v2.0 over SFP+
2023-11-15 22:25:10

Additional info 

Since the support never responds to this i'm coming back with the same issue

Now as i was able to connect to the switch over the shell - i was able to read out the ddm status of the ports - and voilà i got an error there (alarm).

How to fix that? Because accordingly to the show fiber-ports - the distance cannot be the problem. And the modules which are used for OM are from TP Link itself.

Options
2023-11-23 02:00:45

Hi @rebru 

rebru wrote

Additional info 

Since the support never responds to this i'm coming back with the same issue

Now as i was able to connect to the switch over the shell - i was able to read out the ddm status of the ports - and voilà i got an error there (alarm).

How to fix that? Because accordingly to the show fiber-ports - the distance cannot be the problem. And the modules which are used for OM are from TP Link itself.

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I searched your case in the original ticket that my colleague created for you. It is not the same issue as this one. This issue is about the fiber link, right?

But the ticket was about the PoE with the EAP. How come you described that the support never responded to your email regarding this issue?

What is the error/alarm you got on the status? Do you have a screenshot?

So, this is an old post back in June, and I briefly looked through this, does your issue conclude that with the OEM SFP module and two TP-Link switches, the fiber does not work with a 49-meter fiber?

Can you draw a diagram of the connection since I read you have a patch panel?

Have you ruled out the possibility of the patch panel? I mean bypass the patch panel, and run this 49-meter fiber to two TP-Link switches, will it work?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-11-23 04:44:23 - last edited 2023-11-23 04:56:32

@Clive 
Hi Clive

I did contact support over the chat and mentioned the forum thread - they told me an engineer would contact me. Since then i never heard something from the support. The other issue (EAP) is still not solved, but i did use another switches (for this customer ~27 EAPS and 7 switches from TP-Link installed) to connect that EAP's which wasnt working with the mentioned TL-SG3452XP. 

About the fibre issue, yes there is a screenshot - but if it helps, i did add it again - maybe you have to zoom into this post, so you can read it ( btw - if you see that the TL-SG3452XP has two alarms and the TL-SX3016 only one, thats because i got two TL-SX3016F (as TOR - for 5 another switches and 3 servers) connected to the TL-SG3452XP but did post only one screenshot - the other has the same alarm).

I cant rule out the patchpanel - because the cable is inside the building (newly created in since 2022 and finished 2023) and i cant connect directly to the cable. So did call the fiber guys which installed that cable into the building and they did test 

1. The connection from patchpanel to patchpanel -> no issues, damping between 0.11-0.14

2. The connection behind the the additonal cables on both ends - same result in damping and connection (no issues)

3. I did test the cables itself (1m and 5m from each patchpanel to the switches) - no issues

I had to trust the results of that fiber guys, because the only way to rule out the patchpanel is to buy a ~150m cable to create link over the stairs and rooms to another switch. Maybe i should do that, but a 150m fibre cable is not cheap.

And the diagram is like as in beginning of this thread - the two "panels" are described above and below the text "49.16m  OM4 850/50 Nm 50/125 um" - so what should i describe more? Do you need a screenshot of the patchpanels?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 474

Replies: 3

Related Articles