Unable to access local network when public internet is offline via EAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-16 22:27:08
Model: EAP225   EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 5.1.0 Build 20220926 Rel. 62456

Hello all,

Whenever my public internet connection goes down (due to an ISP outage or my OPNsense server going down for maintenance/an issue), the TP-Link EAPs refuse to broadcast their SSIDs, let alone refuse to provide a localnet connection. For debugging, this requires me to physically go to the servers and plug into a switch to access the server/other devices on my network. I was wondering if this was a bug or a feature and if it is a feature can it be disabled? I would much prefer to be able to have localnet access over WiFi while the internet is out rather than no access.

Software/Hardware Specs:

• 3x EAP225 v4 (5.1.0 Build 20220926 Rel. 62456)
  • 1x EAP235-Wall v1 (3.1.0 Build 20210721 Rel. 46004)
  • Omada Software Controller running on Ubuntu Server 22.04.2 (5.9.31)
  • TL-SG2008P PoE Switch with 2 EAP225 v4s and 1 EAP235-Wall v1 hooked to this switch
    • The remaining EAP225 v4 is connected via a PoE injector to a different switch

Please feel free to let me know if any information is missing and if you have any questions, feel free to let me know!

Thanks,

Milan Mehra

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to access local network when public internet is offline via EAP
2023-06-19 07:22:25

@milanmdev 

Is there still a DHCP server running when the public internet connection goes down? 

You can check if the EAP can not get a valid IP after the internet goes down.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options