POE and switch options with an Omada system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-24 18:30:21 - last edited 2023-06-26 08:45:20
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to design a system that mainly needs Wireless AP management and of course router management.

If I were to use an Omada system with the controller, router and APs, is it necessary to use a TP-Link Omada compatible POE switch, or could I use my existing POE switches, which I've already checked have enough power budget for the APs (and the controller) I will need ?

Or is it absolutely necessary to use the TP-Link Omada compatible POE switches?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:POE and switch options with an Omada system-Solution
2023-06-24 23:05:48 - last edited 2023-06-26 08:45:20

@etherknot 

The short answer is NO you dont need to use Omada switches, you can power the APs from any POE switch.

However, if you are looking to implement managed VLANs or ACLs, then a switch is recommended.   You can do both these manually without an omada switch, but central management from the controller is the designed way to do this.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:POE and switch options with an Omada system-Solution
2023-06-24 23:05:48 - last edited 2023-06-26 08:45:20

@etherknot 

The short answer is NO you dont need to use Omada switches, you can power the APs from any POE switch.

However, if you are looking to implement managed VLANs or ACLs, then a switch is recommended.   You can do both these manually without an omada switch, but central management from the controller is the designed way to do this.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 828

Replies: 1

Related Articles