upgrade failed: The upgrade file is invalid. Please select a correct file.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-25 00:14:20 - last edited 2023-06-26 09:30:49
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.21

OMADA.

shows device update is pending. I select to do up date. 

get error : upgrade failed: The upgrade file is invalid. Please select a correct file.

thats cool and all. But I NEVER selected a file, OMADA selected the file, not me.  How EXACTLY can a TPLNK product OMADA not know the proper files to perform update on TPlink product? 

I have gotten this error in the past. 

I have MANY sites with 100's of devices. And every so often I get this error about how the update can't complete because Omada selected incorrect firmware files. 

I'm using soft controller, where does Omada keep firmware update files? Does Omada pre download firmware? If so is it only for current connected products OR does it bring down ALL firmware for all products that can work in Omada?  

Options
4 Reply
Re:upgrade failed: The upgrade file is invalid. Please select a correct file.
2023-06-26 09:36:44

Hello @DaKings

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230640752, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-07-03 09:17:00

Hello @DaKings,

Hope you are doing well. Our support team reported that they haven't received your email reply at all.

Have you ever received the support email whose case ID is TKID230640752? Or was your concern resolved on your own finally?

We are looking forward to hearing from you again.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-07-12 16:43:37

@DaKings I have the exact same problem with a TL-SG3210XHP-M2 v1.0. Were you able to solve the issue? I tried uploading the correct firmware .bin, but I got the same error. I even tried downloading the current firmware and throwing that at it, but still nothing.

Options
2023-07-13 01:04:17

@Eric_Strothers 

It seems to just start working again. I have restarted the OMADA system. 

I wish they would disclose where the pending update files are stored.  Or maybe a "button" or command to clear stored files, then re download them. 

Does the system download ALL firmware for ALL products, or does it only download firmware for devices connected to OMADA. 

I did just simply update the firmware for my routers. Via the OMADA, manual update, select file. 

Options