Can I Undo the AI WLAN Optimization in Omada if the Results Are Not Satisfactory?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can I Undo the AI WLAN Optimization in Omada if the Results Are Not Satisfactory?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-29 02:54:00 - last edited 2023-07-03 02:27:32
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

If you've read my threads you know I've been installing a network in a 100 year old church with thick concrete rooms separating most of the rooms and seriously killing wifi coverage.  So, I've installed a total of 7 AP's... pastor's office, admin office, finance office, gymnasium, fellowship hall, sanctuary, and one more in the hallway of an addon building with traditional sheetrock and 2 x 4 construction that serves several smaller rooms.

As I walk through the building I see a surprising amount of bleed through from more distance AP's, although in any given room, the AP in the room has a much stronger signal.  Certainly, no one is complaining and throughput looks pretty good.

I've read about the AI optimization where it will attempt to perform power reductions to enhance performance.  Does this work well?  If I don't like it, is it easy to reverse?  Any other thoughts on the process?

Many thanks.

Retired infrastructure project manager, now being roped into various volunteer projects.
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can I Undo the AI WLAN Optimization in Omada if the Results Are Not Satisfactory?-Solution
2023-06-30 07:20:44 - last edited 2023-07-03 02:27:32

@EagleHeart 

You can uncheck the power optimization if you don't want.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I Undo the AI WLAN Optimization in Omada if the Results Are Not Satisfactory?-Solution
2023-06-30 07:20:44 - last edited 2023-07-03 02:27:32

@EagleHeart 

You can uncheck the power optimization if you don't want.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can I Undo the AI WLAN Optimization in Omada if the Results Are Not Satisfactory?
2023-06-30 14:48:25

@Virgo - Now I get it.  Omada will perform the optimization but the check boxes also tell the controller whether or not such optimization is enabled.

Thank you.

Retired infrastructure project manager, now being roped into various volunteer projects.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 2

Related Articles