SFP+PPPoE: manual disconnect does not stop redialing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-29 16:02:53
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest beta

Yet more issues with PPPoE, only verified it ocurrs with the SFP WAN, butr probably does anywhere.

If I click "disconnect" the pppoe connection goes down only to be re-estabilished again after the redial interval.this is wrong.

manually triggered "disconnect" event should not be treated the same as "automatic" disconnect. If I press disconnect, pppoe should remain disconnected either until I manually press "connect" or the device is rebooted.

Options
4 Reply
Re:SFP+PPPoE: manual disconnect does not stop redialing
2023-06-30 07:34:46

@crrodriguez 

not sure what you mean. are you saying it auto reconnects to the isp server? sending the packet to isp server even if you have clicked the disconnect button?

have you wireshark this to verify this?

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-06-30 13:41:31

@Tedd404 I press disconnect..and after a while it reconnects to the isp by itself. this is of course the behaviour you want only when the disconnect is automatic and not when it is manual.. manual stop means stop and do not start again unless I tell you so.

Options
2023-07-03 01:09:58

@crrodriguez 

i know this. but just curious about it if it is sending that packets to the isp. you capture that packet, and that nails it. 

you now can contact the team about the problem. it needs a fix. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-07-03 21:24:41

@Tedd404 packet capture is not needed.. manual stop always means full stop. the connection is not configured to dial up on demand either

Options