Votes

Activate Backup Link when Slow Internet for Load Balancers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-02 04:05:43
Tags: #TL-ER7206
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20230322 Rel.70951

Hi, I would like to request a feature that somehow it can detect a slow or intermittent Internet connection. And then forwards traffic to the stable WAN.

Current setup needs a total disconnection which is fine, but most of the time the issue was a slow or intermittent internet connection. So having this feature in the near future could really help a lot. I see Omada Controller has Periodic Speed Test but it can only do 10hours at the earliest, and also it looks like it is only used for reporting and that's it. It does not automatically reroutes traffic to the stable WAN connection.

If this is already available to other router, I would be grateful to receive suggestions what that hardware would it might be.

Thank you and have a good day

Options
1 Reply
Re:Activate Backup Link when Slow Internet for Load Balancers
2023-07-03 03:19:51

@ComPort 

i totally understand what you mean. but from what I learned, my point of view, it seems impossible at this moment. 

reason:

1. mechanism of link backup. switching to another line is only possible when it is down. "down" means it is offline. not respond or inaccessible. 

2. what you asked is a constant speed test to monitor the speed. this could take a lot of bandwidth during the day. and, of course, a lot of CPU and memory. 

this will be another whole new project. 

but would be a great feature if this can be done. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 171

Replies: 1

Voters 2

Tags

TL-ER7206