Voucher clients have to re-enter voucher multiple times daily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-02 21:51:42
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.9.32

I use vouchers to allow the summer staff at a summer camp internet access without them being able to share the wifi password with others. My network consists of 15 EAP devices (a combination of EAP225, EAP245, EAP225-Outdoor, EAP110-Outdoor) connected with a network of Ubiquiti PTmP devices and a Ubiquiti ER-X router. 

The vouchers are valid for 180 days, valid for 1 user, and set to Voucher Duration and not Client Duration.

The problem is, the clients are de-authorized and have to re-enter their voucher dozens of times per day. I thought the problem was maybe the MAC Randomization, but have instructed them to disable this feature with no improvement. 

Can someone offer some insight or offer a solution to improve my user's experience?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Voucher clients have to re-enter voucher multiple times daily
2023-07-03 07:41:13

@camp_ben 

Hi, does the client device disconnect to wifi frequently?

Can you share a screenshot of the voucher settings? Maybe it can help.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-08-02 04:29:08

@Virgo same problem here. did u fix the re enter the code several times in a day?? how u did?? 

Options
2023-08-02 13:14:25

@camp_ben 

Whats your "Limited Usage Counts" set at?  Its defaulted to 1, May want to try 50?  See if that helps?

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-08-17 13:11:38 - last edited 2023-08-18 23:31:26

@camp_ben 

Same issue with my network.

Once a client stops using the mobile device, it disconnects from the wifi. They need to RE-ENTER again the access code.

Looking forward for the expert to share their expertise.

Thank you.

Options
2023-08-17 15:28:22

@camp_ben Hi, it is a long shot, but you may want to check your DHCP Lease time, see if the lease time is too short.

Another possibility is when you enabled Limited Online Users to more than 1.

Chances are the vouchers are being shared by more than the number you have set. Example you have set the limit to 2.

If device number 3 use the same voucher, it will kick out user 1 out. when user 1 is back he needs to retype the voucher again.

Long shot but worth the checking until you get official response.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 475

Replies: 5

Related Articles