Setting up native VLAN doesn't work - Packet Capture possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-03 17:54:47 - last edited 2023-07-05 01:00:51
Model: SG2210P  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.0.5

Hi there,

I was setting up on a port a native VLAN, cause my printer doesn't support VLAN Tagging. For some reason the printer is not receiving an DHCP lease. Is it possible to somehow capture the packages on the switch or make a port mirroring?

Thanks in advance!

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Setting up native VLAN doesn't work - Packet Capture possible?-Solution
2023-07-04 02:06:34 - last edited 2023-07-05 01:00:51

Hi @Gamienator,

To set up the port mirroring, you can refer to the How to Configure Port Mirror on TP-Link Smart Switches and L2 Managed Switches.

To address your issue, do you miss settings up PVID?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-04 18:29:09 - last edited 2023-07-05 01:01:06

@Clive_A 

Hey,

thanks again for the mirror guide! I found the issue and it's embarrasing. I setup in the Networks a wrong allowed DHCP Server crying

Now its working laugh

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2023-07-04 02:06:34 - last edited 2023-07-05 01:00:51

Hi @Gamienator,

To set up the port mirroring, you can refer to the How to Configure Port Mirror on TP-Link Smart Switches and L2 Managed Switches.

To address your issue, do you miss settings up PVID?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Setting up native VLAN doesn't work - Packet Capture possible?
2023-07-04 05:54:54

@Clive_A Heyho,

thanks! But yes. I thought then when I set untagged network and nativ network this will set the PVID. Or is there somewhere else a setting?

Options
2023-07-04 18:29:09 - last edited 2023-07-05 01:01:06

@Clive_A 

Hey,

thanks again for the mirror guide! I found the issue and it's embarrasing. I setup in the Networks a wrong allowed DHCP Server crying

Now its working laugh

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 3

Related Articles