Issues in ER605 with v1.3.0 firmware (Unsupported browser, etc.)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-04 04:01:04 - last edited 2023-08-08 09:57:16
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ER605(UN)_V1_1.3.0 Build 20230511

A minor issue:
After updating the firmware of ER605 from v1.2.1 beta to v1.3.0 using Edge browser on Windows 10 it is not possible to access the router's setup page, it says Unsupported browser.

Even if Javascript is enabled and Windows is up-to-date.

Meanwhile, in Firefox the page loads just fine.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Can't access setup page in Edge - Unsupported browser -Solution
2023-07-05 01:34:01 - last edited 2023-08-08 09:57:16

Hi @Arion,

Good day.

For this issue, please try using the Chrome browser. We optimize the experience for all browsers but certain browsers are not very compatible with our firmware.

If you run into this with the Chrome browser as well, please make sure your use Incognito mode or clear your cache and cookies on Chrome to make sure no cache interferes with your access to the router.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Issues in ER605 with v1.3.0 firmware (Unsupported browser, etc.)-Solution
2023-09-04 09:09:02 - last edited 2023-09-04 09:12:48

Hi @HCIHL @J4ce

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you face a problem like this, please clear the browser cache and relaunching your browser can fix this problem.

For the "wrong password", if you update to the latest firmware or beta, you should know that

Upgrading the old version of firmware to the latest version prompts a username and password error because the new version fixes a replay attack vulnerability and updates the verification mechanism during login (adding a timestamp, which is equivalent to a change in the encrypted content of each login password). However, due to the browser cache, the password will still be verified using the old encryption mode before the upgrade, resulting in login failure. Clearing the browser cache and relaunching your browser can fix this problem.

For the "unsupported browser", make sure do the same in the red line.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:Can't access setup page in Edge - Unsupported browser -Solution
2023-07-05 01:34:01 - last edited 2023-08-08 09:57:16

Hi @Arion,

Good day.

For this issue, please try using the Chrome browser. We optimize the experience for all browsers but certain browsers are not very compatible with our firmware.

If you run into this with the Chrome browser as well, please make sure your use Incognito mode or clear your cache and cookies on Chrome to make sure no cache interferes with your access to the router.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't access setup page in Edge - Unsupported browser
2023-07-05 06:58:30

@Clive_A 

I haven't tried with Chrome yet. Next time I'm in the location of the router I will try and also in incognito mode on Edge.
As I mentioned I could access the page in Firefox, thus it was just a minor annoyance.

So it must be a cache issue. Will see.

Thanks for your reply.

Options
Re:Can't access setup page in Edge - Unsupported browser
2023-07-12 09:33:09

So, the thing is, still didn't try with Chrome but did an attempt to clean cache in Edge but it's not that obvious es it is in Firefox. It seems you can't clear cache for specific domain. And I can't risk deleting cache for every other page. What I could do was "hard reload" but did not solve the issue. I didn't try incognito mode either.

I'm saying that the page should run in an up-to-date Edge browser.

This was in Windows 10.

Now, I found another issue on Android, in the same browser, Edge:

In this one I can log in the page and browse, EXCEPT when I click on Quality of Service menu tab, it logs out immediately. Every single time I tried, it logged out.

Options
Re:Issues in ER605 with v1.3.0 firmware (Unsupported browser, etc.)
2023-07-17 07:10:14

@Fae 

The latest issue with the setup page. Now with Firefox (latest version on Windows 10) after choosing LAN tab, in a second it logs out.

Another:

on Firefox (Android) on the status page the value of the CPU was NaN and the graphic chart was missing.

Options
2023-07-22 12:40:50

@Arion 

Hello,

Chrome is a privacy and security bullsh1t, don't use it...

In my case, i use Firefox 102.13 and ER605 v1.3.0 without any problems...

(But, it's true that the first time after upgrade to 1.3.0 , i has got the same message than you "unsupported browser", then it disapears few days later, ican't know why...)

Options
2023-08-05 09:45:18

@Arion 

Hi,

I have the exact same problem in Edge (Chromium) after upgrading firmware to 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992.

I tried in Chrome and it works.

It also works in incognito mode.

I delete the cookies for the local ip address for my ER 605 but still same problem.

Regardless of what others might think of Edge, it should work in Edge.

Options
2023-08-08 09:31:53

Hi @HCIHL 

HCIHL wrote

@Arion 

Hi,

I have the exact same problem in Edge (Chromium) after upgrading firmware to 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992.

I tried in Chrome and it works.

It also works in incognito mode.

I delete the cookies for the local ip address for my ER 605 but still same problem.

Regardless of what others might think of Edge, it should work in Edge.

Like I posted earlier. We now optimize the experience for the kernel of Chrome. And we strongly recommend use Chrome or Firefox for the admin page to have a better experience. We cannot guarantee all browsers on the market would have the same experience like Chrome.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/613912?replyId=1223148

Options
2023-08-31 02:30:38

@Clive_A 

I updated the ER605 from Firefox and now I get the "Unsupported Browser" error in Firefox! In Edge it works ok. I don't use Edge, I use Firefox all the time.

C'mon TP_Link, What the heck? This is (should be) an easy fix for you.

Why make us jump through hoops and change browsers for something that used to work but no longer works due to your update. Can you fix the update to work among the standard primary browsers? If so, thank you.

Options
2023-08-31 03:45:59 - last edited 2023-08-31 03:55:25

Hi @Daylighter 

Not sure what you expect. We changed something and this is why.

Wrong password after the upgrade:

Upgrading the old version of firmware to the latest version prompts a username and password error because the new version fixes a replay attack vulnerability and updates the verification mechanism during login (adding a timestamp, which is equivalent to a change in the encrypted content of each login password). However, due to the browser cache, the password will still be verified using the old encryption mode before the upgrade, resulting in login failure. Clearing the browser cache can fix this problem.

Unsupported Browser:

Also, the unsupported browser issue first came up like 1-2 years ago. If your browser is the latest, with the cache cleaned, there should be no problem at all. At least, on all the browsers I have used and models I've tested, none of them showed this error. 

(I have used at least 4-5 computers in our lab and never experienced this issue. We don't usually update the system or browser. Sometimes when I use it, I clear its cache before I use it. Or I directly use Private mode or Incognito.)

It should have a similar cause like the wrong password. We optimized the web kernel for Chromium. Something changed and the old cache on the browser is causing this trouble.

Options
2023-08-31 17:53:21

@Clive_A 

The thing is, I've never had this sort of problem in the past as long as I've used a mac (old unsupported OS) with Firefox ESR version. Only recently when I used a windows laptop with up-to-date OS and browser.

So, if this is a feature and not a bug, may I suggest the developers to include a notice on the login page?

There could appear an alert in case of unsupported browser prompt, instructing the user to choose Private/InPrivate mode.

Because in private mode it works indeed. Well, sort of...

...I have still experienced sudden logouts when clicked on different menu item, e.g. LAN or QoS. It was in active situation, not after idle time.

Speaking of which, this is strange that it logged me out when I tried to enter the QoS page for the first time. So, there shouldn't have been any saved corrupted data in cache before that attempt for that subpage. Anyway, if developers don't find a solution to provide smooth and reliable login with any major web browser, they should at least put that valuable information (about private mode) on that initial page, coded in the device's firmware.

And as I've already mentioned before, asking to clear cache is not useful, especially in browsers like Edge where you can only clear the cache for all data of all websites at once, not individual ones like in Firefox you could and even in Firefox the logging-out-issue happens occasionally.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1971

Replies: 14

Related Articles