EAP225 failing to update its own IP address & becomes disconnected from Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP225 failing to update its own IP address & becomes disconnected from Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-10 20:07:45 - last edited 2023-07-11 06:43:07
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.1.0

Hello,

I had issues this past week with three of the new EAP225 APs where it wouldn't update the IP address I have assigned them to on the controller and then the controller loses its connection with the AP, but still remains connected on the network with the new IP address and the clients still connected to it.

So as a resolution to this issue was that I had to manually reset them by logging into the access point's web interface using the new IP address and then force it to reset. Whilst it still does the reset, I went back onto the controller and 'forget' the device by removing it, find the serial number and adopt it back on the controller with its updated IP address now showing.

So I assume this issue will have been a bug with the controller of not being able to communciate with the APs when an IP address to the AP was updated.

Many thanks,

Ben

Regards, Ben
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP225 failing to update its own IP address & becomes disconnected from Controller
2023-07-10 22:05:14

@HBEN1603 

If you change or fix the DHCP mapping for a device, it will continue with the old IP until the connection is broken or the DHCP lease times out.  In general, when 'fixing' a reserved IP for say an AP, you should expect to 'reboot' the device before it will pick up the new IP.  Not a bug, just normal behaviour.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 335

Replies: 1

Related Articles