Microsoft Surface will not wirelessly connect to EAP660

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-13 04:08:11
Tags: #Surface Pro EAP
Model: EAP660 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220118 Rel. 60852(5553)

I have a Surface Pro 3, which has had no problems connecting to any access point in the past, except for the EAP660. I seem to be having the exact same issue as found in this tp-link community thread: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/574632

Just like the poster in that aforementioned thread, I can connect the Surface to the EAP660 only if I switch the EAP660's setting to WPA2-PSK, even though the Surface supports WPA2-AES on any other AP devices that also allow for WPA3 simultaneously.

Reluctantly, I reformatted the Surface, and put on a fresh clean version of Windows 11 on it to see if that would solve the problem like it did for the other poster on the other thread. All drivers, including the Marvel Wireless AC that it has, are up to date. But that didn't solve the problem. This is problem very unique in that it only happens with TP-Link APs with similar firmware, seeing as it's a glitch with the software settings from within the EAP660.

Will there be a firmware update to correct this? Or am I missing something?

Thank you for your attention.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Microsoft Surface will not wirelessly connect to EAP660
2023-07-14 02:48:33

@1ve 

It's difficult to say the issue is on the EAP, did this issue occur on other devices? Or just on this Surface?

Tried to set a specific SSID for the Surface for testing. I suspect the issue is still on the Surface settings.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Microsoft Surface will not wirelessly connect to EAP660
2023-09-12 16:58:02

I understand that you're having trouble wirelessly connecting your  Microsoft SQ1 vs i5 Surface device to an EAP660 access point. To troubleshoot this issue, you can follow these steps:

1. Check Wi-Fi Network Settings:

• On your Microsoft Surface device, go to "Settings" > "Network & Internet" > "Wi-Fi."
    • Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on and your Surface is searching for available networks.
    • Ensure that your EAP660 SSID (network name) is visible in the list of available networks.
  2. Password and Security:

• Confirm that you are using the correct Wi-Fi password for your EAP660 network.
    • Double-check the security settings (e.g., WPA2, WPA3) on your EAP660 and make sure they match the settings on your Surface.
  3. Signal Strength:

• Ensure that your Surface is within range of the EAP660 access point. If the signal is weak, you may experience connection issues.
  4. Restart Devices:

• Restart both your Microsoft Surface and the EAP660 access point. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity problems.
  5. Forget and Reconnect:

• In your Surface's Wi-Fi settings, "Forget" the EAP660 network.
    • Then, reselect the EAP660 network from the list and enter the correct password when prompted.
  6. Update Network Drivers:

• Check for updates to your Surface's network drivers. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause connectivity issues. Go to "Device Manager" and look for network adapters to update.
  7. Check EAP660 Configuration:

• Log into the EAP660's web interface using a computer connected to it through an Ethernet cable.
    • Ensure that the EAP660 is broadcasting its SSID and that it is not in any sort of isolation mode.
  8. Router Settings:

• Verify that there are no MAC address filtering or access control lists preventing your Surface from connecting to the EAP660.
  9. Firmware Updates:

• Make sure your EAP660 is running the latest firmware. If not, update it following the manufacturer's instructions.
  10. Network Interference:

• Check if there are other devices or networks nearby causing interference. Adjust the channel settings on your EAP660 if necessary.
  11. Contact Support:

• If the problem persists after trying the above steps, consider reaching out to the manufacturer's support for both your Surface and the EAP660 for further assistance.

By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and hopefully resolve the wireless connectivity issue between your Microsoft Surface and the EAP660 access point.

Options