Problem with connection after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-15 18:15:04 - last edited 2023-07-25 06:06:37
Model: TL-SG2008  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.8 Build 20230602 Rel.73473
I use SG2008 under omada software controller to share some vlans. After the last upgrade it stopped pinging the different vlans, I can only ping the gateways for each vlan but not the terminals .I have rebooted several times and the switch and all the other switches, the rest of the switches are unmanaged, as well as the computers.In order to work some applications that are shared in the network, I put all the computers under the same vlan. Some of the terminals has statip IP's and other shared DHCP.
Is there any idea why this happens?

Thank you

Options
6 Reply
Re:Problem with connection after firmware upgrade
2023-07-17 06:16:58

Hi @MYN 

I would recommend you read this thread to have some aspects checked.

1. Check your DST time. Enabled or not. If enabled, please disable it and config it again. After this, your VLAN should be working again.

2. Did you modify any settings recently?

3. Double-check your switch Profile to make sure everything is properly configured.

If your issue persists, please give more details with the diagram, config scheme, and screenshots.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-17 18:43:12

@MYN 

Thank you for your answer.

I will check the DST settings in the omada software controller.
DST has never been activated and from a quick look I saw in the configuration it is disabled.
I haven't made any changes in the last 4 to 5 months.
I will look into sending the information you requested by the end of the week.

Options
2023-07-25 06:07:24

Hi @MYN 

I am checking up on you. Is this resolved? How'd it go?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-17 07:22:11

Good morning

I haven't done anything because I had another serious problem and couldn't go to the site to check it out. This weekend I will go and check it and let you know.
Thanks for the question.
Options
2023-08-19 18:38:27
Good Evening
Today I came to the site where I have the problem with the SG2008 switch with the vlans. I checked the DST on both the site and the controller and both were disabled.
I enabled them and set them with the correct parameters (week, month, hour) but nothing happened.
The same problem remains, from any vlan I try to ping a specific terminal, I have a request time out.
Whether I ping from the specific terminal or from another terminal I get the same Request time out message. I have four vlans with IP Address 172.168.32.0/24 , 173.168.42.0/24 , 193.168.56.0/24 and 192.168.30.0/24.
The IP Address of the router is 10.10.10.1/24.
The Ip Address of the switch is 10.10.10.2.
My problem is that from the terminal that is on the 172.168.32.0 network I can ping the terminals that are on the 193.168.56.0 network because the printers I have are connected to this network. I can only ping this network no others.
This all happened after the last switch version upgrade to 3.0.8.
I had no problems before the upgrade.

Options
2023-08-29 06:45:06

Hi @MYN 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you can post your configuration for the VLAN interface setup, network diagram with the ports and ipconfig, and several ping (to different IPs) results on the PC, I'd appreciate it.

I still gotta double-check this and make sure everything is right.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 516

Replies: 6

Related Articles