EAP 620HD Reliability Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-20 01:36:00
Tags: #Slow Speed
Model: EAP620 HD  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20220921 Rel. 73357(5553)

I have two different EAP 620HD v3 that will randomly drop speeds of wireless clients down to less than 1kbps. Once this happens, it will take a few minutes (1-3 mins) and then the most speed that I can get is around 50mbps. In order to get proper speeds again, I will have to toggle WiFi off and then on again. Speeds will then return to expected speeds. I have tried this standing in the same place and once I toggle Wifi on and off, speeds return to normal.

I have used iPerf, as outlined in the article here to test the speeds. When I run it from a wireless client to the AP when speeds slow down, I get really slow results. If I run the test from a wired client when speeds are slow for the wireless client, I see normal speeds from the wired client to the AP. If I toggle wifi off and then on again on the wireless client, speeds return to normal on the wireless client.

I have tried on each AP using a software Omada setup and also as standalone APs. I have tried one AP at a time with the same issues. I have moved to different ports on my switch and have the same issue. I have tried it with Band Steering on and off. I have tried with OFMDA both on and off. I have factory reset both APs and only created an SSID in standalone and the issue happens (again trying 1 AP at a time).

To top it off, I bought a new EAP 620HD (making it the 3rd one tested) and only setup my SSID and it happened on that one as well.

I am at a loss to what the issue could be other than there is something wrong with the EAP620HDs? When they work, I can get speeds up to my internet 1Ghz, but this random and unstable drops is very frustating.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP 620HD Reliability Issues
2023-07-21 03:13:09

@cheeseman5147 

Hi, can you share the screenshot of the Iperf test result? How exactly slow is it?

Have you tried using different power supplies for testing? A POE adapter? Another POE switch?

Tried to use a short Cat6 cable to connect the EAP to the front-end device to test the speed again.

It is strange that a new EAP also has the same issue, in case the wireless environment or the settings in your network has some trouble.

Test with 5G not 2.4G.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 1

Tags

Slow Speed
Related Articles