Failed to export

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Failed to export

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Failed to export
Failed to export
2023-07-25 20:18:31 - last edited 2023-07-25 20:28:32
Model: VIGI NVR1008H  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 230609 Rel.43669n

Hi,

When I am exporting footages, for example a day or two, the first approx 300 footages are being in waiting state, until the download. The rest alwasy starts with Failed state, but when I click one by one to Retry, the footage is downloading immediately, without any problem, but I have to click one by one, as you see in the picture below, 1213 clicks remaining to download everything. The problem is parmanent and reproducable.

I use VIGI Security Manager 1.4.5 x64 on Windows10. I also tried it on Windows 11, but no difference.

Do you have any idea?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Failed to export
2023-07-26 03:26:43

Hi @McHP 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230744386, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-28 04:23:42 - last edited 2023-07-28 04:26:18

Have the exact same NVR with same Firmware build and revision number and same exact issue. Using VIGI software v1.4.5, Win10 and 11 and can not export even a single video successfully.

It stays at Exporting 0% and says Failed with exclamation icon saying unstable network but there is no network issue actually. Connected over Cat 6 LAN 100 Mbps through ethernet and can view channels without any problem.

Using TPLink Unmanaged Switch and Load Balanced Router TL-R470T+. VIGI Mobile app download and share works but is too tedious.

Is there a way to access these recordings on LAN over SSH/SCP/RSync on Linux? Web based UI only allows viewing but no download access either.

Why such a basic functionality of accessing recordings has to be such a trouble with these NVRs?

Options
2023-07-28 12:57:57

@NVR1008H_1016H 

Hi,

I received a quick reply from the technical support team. Actually, this export behaviour is hard coded into the software. There is a limit of exporting 256 files at a time, but they are investigating the possibility of allowing a higher number of files to be exported.

It is a serious problem for me when motion detection is enabled, because NVR always creates new files when motion is detected, so it is easy to exceed 256 files. If motion detection is not critical for you, you can turn it off, so you will only have ~6 files/camera/day, but it depends on the quality of the images and the resolution of the camera and the compression method used.

Another partial solution is to use the NVR to export to a USB flash drive. I say partial because it looks like it also has limits, but set to 1024 files at a time.

Unfortunately I have not found any FTP or SCP options, but it would be the best method for me too, or RSYNC support would be heaven. The NVR hardware is not that powerful, so we analyse the video footage on an external computer, with much-much higher speed and with any form and number of ROI. With SCP/FTP support, we could automate the process, and it would also be helpful to regularly copy critical recordings off-site.

Just an idea: Some NVR competitors allow the customer to set the maximum length of footage in hours/minutes/seconds. This helps in faster positioning during playback, but generates significantly higher number of files, but until export issue is solved, which would cause more problems in this case.

Options
2023-07-29 03:47:41

@McHP Thank you for your reply. I didn't know about the max 256 files hard limit. I only tried some ~150 files at once in v1.3.5.

I was not able to export even a single file with v1.4.5. I remembered this was working with v1.3.5 earlier. So I uninstalled the latest and got the previous v.1.3.5 installed and was able to get exports working again. I even tried installing v1.4.5 from scratch thinking upgrade from v1.3.5 could have caused an issue but it still didn't work.

As of now, we are using two NVRs - one 16 channel and another 8 channel and just duplicating 8 important channels on 2nd one for redundancy in a different building over LAN but rsync or API to list and automate download recordings would be wonderful and make the content accessible to all stakeholders as per their compliance requirements. Requested this feature at https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/616844

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/616868 is about separate accounts/roles to access just recordings without granting device admin permissions if above can not be easily achieved.

Let me know if you tried / had any success exposing the NVR securely on internet through a reverse proxy. I was able to get NGINX Reverse Proxy on Docker on LAN VM + Cloudflare RProxy working on LAN but see a 502 gateway error (upstream socket hangup in Nginx log) after resolving CORS issues for live preview when port forwarding+CF Reverse Proxy. Unfortunately I couldn't get any more logs.

Using Cloudflare for automatic https as we do not have custom TLS at this time. Requested at https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/616854

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 398

Replies: 4

Related Articles