Votes

Virtual Servers / Port Forwarding from OpenVPN Tunnel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-26 05:21:00 - last edited 2024-06-18 09:03:14
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Greetings, I use the ER605 and PureVPN to provide remote access to devices on my LAN.

• PureVPN provides a publicly, static/dedicated IP address (and forwards traffic over the VPN tunnel).   My ISP wants to charge a ridiculous sum for a static IP.
  • The ER605 has a PPTP VPN client on it.
  • Virtual Servers on the ER605 pass traffic to LAN devices based on incoming port

PPTP is being phased out by PureVPN and others.

I would like to use an OpenVPN client on the ER605 but I'm told that Virtual Servers do not work with the OpenVPN.  Can we get support for this?

Options
5 Reply
RE:Virtual Servers / Port Forwarding from OpenVPN Tunnel
2023-07-26 05:37:00
Totally make sense, great suggestion. Pretty useful for someone who does not have a public IP address on their Routers.
Options
Re:Virtual Servers / Port Forwarding from OpenVPN Tunnel
2023-07-27 02:01:33

Hi @tamirs 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I have read your thread here. Before I send this request to the dev team, can you list some of the vendors that support this feature?

That would be helpful for me to offer this request to the dev team with strong market feedback and competitors' move.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:Virtual Servers / Port Forwarding from OpenVPN Tunnel
2023-08-17 01:48:34

Hi @tobias_ 

You can vote here and share a vendor supporting this if you know any.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-10-25 20:39:28
+1. Identical situation.
Options
2023-10-25 21:00:18

@Madaxe I really like TP Link hardware but the firmware seems to have issues like this.  This other problem is that TPLink doesn't permit root admin access to the router's OS.  This is a fail.  I need to be able to run TCPDump and things like from the router shell.  

TPLink please fix these things.

Synology has no routing limitations from OpenVPN and permits root access.  Dont like their hardware as much but am forced to use it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 478

Replies: 5

Voters 2