SG2210P V5.0 not detected at all by omada controller 5.0.9

SG2210P V5.0 not detected at all by omada controller 5.0.9

24 Reply
Re:SG2210P V5.0 not detected at all by omada controller 5.0.9
2023-08-14 02:15:16

@Clive_A 

> First, at the very beginning of this long back-and-forth conversation, I have said and pointed out how the broadcast works and if you use a different VLAN, you should try the discovery utility to point the Controller's IP address.

Right. I am not confused about this at all. The problem I am facing today is, I have literally nothing in vlan 1 and I don't use that in any of my devices. VLAN 99 is the management VLAN in my network. My router / switch / access points / omada controller are accessible in this VLAN.

From the omada controller running in this VLAN, I can see SG2210MP and Omada APs but I can not see SG2210P when SG2210P has a interface in VLAN 99 and no configuration in VLAN 1.

_but_ I can see SG2210P if I start using VLAN 1 as the management VLAN (i.e. Put the Omada controller in VLAN 1, run a dhcp server in vlan 1 and configure an interface on vlan 1 in the switch).

The issue is, Why is SG2210P configured to only broadcast it's presence in vlan 1 interface on the switch? There is a interface on vlan 99 but it does not broadcast it's presence in that vlan. How do I change this behaviour ?

Please try to understand, I am not doing any thing inter vlan here. My management vlan has id 99 and I am trying to make device discovery work properly within this vlan.

>  The switch resets itself and all config are lost after the forget/adopt.

If it falls back to VLAN 1, of course, you cannot find it in VLAN 99 as it broadcasts in VLAN 1.

Correct, That is expected! The issue here was, I re-configured SG2210MP manually after resetting it. I set management vlan to 99 using web ui. It fetched a new IP address for itself and it showed management vlan was 99 but it was not broadcasting it's presence in vlan 99, instead it was broadcasting it's presence in vlan 1. This is after I have changed the management vlan in the ui. After rebooting the device, It started broadcasting it's presence in vlan 99 instead of vlan 1.

> ... There is a very small chance that we will change that to meet your expectation.

Okay, Got it! Thank you for responding to that point.

I have found a workaround for the native vlan issue in the controller so it's fine by me if the behaviour is left as is

Options
2023-08-14 02:19:00

Hi @ishanjain28 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

ishanjain28 wrote

The issue is, Why is SG2210P configured to only broadcast it's presence in vlan 1 interface on the switch? There is a interface on vlan 99 but it does not broadcast it's presence in that vlan. How do I change this behaviour ?

Please try to understand, I am not doing any thing inter vlan here. My management vlan has id 99 and I am trying to make device discovery work properly within this vlan.

This is what I am gonna verify later this week when I have time for it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-29 06:05:12 - last edited 2023-12-21 16:10:10

Hi @ishanjain28 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Cause of issue: The cause for this is when you delete VLAN 1 from the switch. The interface is entirely gone. And the switch is no longer discoverable.

I have Wireshark this and am pretty certain that this happens after you delete VLAN 1 from the switch.

The switch falls back to 192.168.0.254 which is the reserved IP address we have for the switch when the switch is not detecting any IP address assigned in VLAN 1. Regardless the Inform URL, nothing works or helps in discovery after you delete the VLAN 1 from the switch.

Conclusion:

Would not recommend anyone delete the VLAN 1.

My point:
I do not see any point in making a such configuration. Your goal is to add the switch to the Controller. Correct?
If so, when adoption finishes, your configuration on the switch is lost. Why not keep the default settings and make the adoption first? What would be the point of reserving the steps?

I can bring this up to the dev team but this feedback will face the first phase - evaluation. So, before it is sent to the dev team, I am gonna ask if is it worth a firmware upgrade. I believe the dev team will also think about whether is it worth it.

My point is that one way or another, you are not gonna keep the settings after the adoption, would not make any difference.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-21 16:11:01

There is no solution to this bug. It only announces it's presence in vlan1 instead using the configured vlan interface and it continues to be a problem.

Options

Tags

Configuration
Omada Controller
Related Articles