OC200 & EAP245 clients not connecting, no logs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-02 19:05:41 - last edited 2023-08-18 02:14:10
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.24.0 Build 20230328

I recently acquired an OC200 and EAP245, EAP610 for my  network in the hopes of having seamless wifi handover on my property.  Before I get slammed for not having the full suite of products, I will say that I am eventually planning on getting the omada router and switch, but want to first test with my current router (asus).  And bear with me, I am new to this business level equiment.

I have adopted the EAP245 into the controller, and it as well as the OC200 are sitting fine on my current network (I can communicate with them just fine).  However, attempts to connect to the AP, using my phone, fails.  With my EAP610, which I use on my current network not in omada mode, there is a nice detailed log page on which I can see the reasons for failure.  With the EAP245 adopted, I cannot login to it, and the logs in the controller are always empty.  (I have seen mention of a "detailed log" option in these forums, but this does not seem to exist with the latest firmware/v5.9.32 controller).  Is there a way to see the detailed logs of the AP?

I suspect the AP is not directing traffic up to the gateway (asus router) - DHCP requests to start, but even with static IP addresses on the client device, no traffic is sent.  Looking at the dashboard, this graphic implies that this just won't work as it doesn't have a default gateway or internet access?

So, the question is, will I be able to get this working without the omada router & switch?  Why isn't the AP passing data up to the router?

Many thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OC200 & EAP245 clients not connecting, no logs-Solution
2023-08-17 16:36:33 - last edited 2023-08-18 02:14:10

After several factory resets of all of the equipment, everything seems to have started working.  I believe the issue was something to do with  "WAN settings override".  Thanks everyone for your assistance.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:OC200 & EAP245 clients not connecting, no logs
2023-08-03 05:55:46

@dolhop 

You need to connect the EAP to a router but do not necessarily have an Omada Gateway, and the dashboard shows No Internet Capacity is normal because you didn't adopt the Omada router on the controller.

Can AP get a valid IP from your router? Have you checked the physical connection? Tried testing with different cables.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-08-03 12:22:55

@Virgo Thanks for your response.  Yes, both the AP and controller are hardwired through a PoE switch to the main router and I can access both via their IP address on the LAN.  As well both can access the internet just fine (they performed upgrades and downloaded their firmware from the TPlink site)

Options
2023-08-12 16:05:11 - last edited 2023-08-12 16:13:24

I am back at it this week.  So, I can verify that the OC200 and the EAP245 both have network access, I can access both on the wired network.  I can also plug my computer into ETH2 of the EAP245, and it is able to get an IP address and use the network (though I presume it's a hardware switch inside the device).

So the issue seems to be that AP is not forwarding packets to the router when connected to it wirelessly.  The clients associate, but don't get a DHCP address.  Even configuring the client to use a static IP address on the same network, the packets still don't make it to the router.    This AP is controlled by the OC200 controller.  Yet I don't see any settings for the controller or AP (accessing the controller web UI) for configuring gateway etc.

UPDATE:  I factory reset the EAP245, and using a very basic configuration I was able to connect a wireless client and everything operated as expected - the client was able to acquire an IP address and use the network.  So it's definitely something wrong when the AP is imported into the controller.

Options
2023-08-12 17:56:23

@dolhop 

LAN settings on the controller are under admin, wired networks, LAN.   In there make sure its on the same subnet as the router

What is the addresses you are using and what subnet?     I have set this up many times before with just an OC200 an APs, it should work easy.

If you can list the IPs you are getting / have set presently we may be able to spot something.     For example

Router 192.168.1.1

OC200 192.168.1.10

AP1 192.168.1.11 etc etc 

Can you see the AP and OC200 as clients on your router DHCP logs?  what about the devices?   do they appear there and not get an dhcp OR not appear at all?

Options
Re:OC200 & EAP245 clients not connecting, no logs-Solution
2023-08-17 16:36:33 - last edited 2023-08-18 02:14:10

After several factory resets of all of the equipment, everything seems to have started working.  I believe the issue was something to do with  "WAN settings override".  Thanks everyone for your assistance.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 381

Replies: 5

Related Articles