oc200 and er605 ip masquerading / 1to1 nat

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-03 09:17:58 - last edited 2023-08-03 09:24:32
Tags: #ip masquerading
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.24.0 Build 20230328 Rel.52384

hi all,

i need to apply a network configuration but seems like the current firmware of my devices is not ready for it!

my network have some VLAN, i need to masquerade an ip of  a VLAN (eg 192.168.11.180 vlan client) to another ip in a different vlan (eg 192.168.10.180 vlan server)

practically i have a device in the client VLAN (192.168.11.180) that need to be seen on the same VLAN of the server. i know that this can be done with outbound nat or ip masquerading, but seems that this feature in still not deployed on oc200 and er605, it's right?

this is what i woult obtain:

Masquerading

If you've multiple VLAN's/subnets and you're in control over the router in between, then I'd setup masquerading for the outgoing routing interface of the VLAN/subnet where the Xiaomi devices reside. This basically means changing the source address in the UDP packet headers to the IP address of routing interface. If you want to know more about this, just inform yourself about packet masquerading and/or SNAT.

Options
1 Reply
Re:oc200 and er605 ip masquerading / 1to1 nat
2023-08-04 01:32:02

Hi @Gersio 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I don't see this has anything to do with the one-to-one NAT. One-to-one NAT is a WAN-LAN function similar to port forwarding. Not inter-VLAN. For this IP masquerading, no, we don't support it either. Inter-VLAN only forwards, not NAT-ing any traffic.

If you need this, you may consider some other brands that support this.

Gersio wrote

Masquerading

If you've multiple VLAN's/subnets and you're in control over the router in between, then I'd setup masquerading for the outgoing routing interface of the VLAN/subnet where the Xiaomi devices reside. This basically means changing the source address in the UDP packet headers to the IP address of routing interface. If you want to know more about this, just inform yourself about packet masquerading and/or SNAT.

Not sure what you mean in this paragraph but it sets me to think that you may look for mDNS? Having trouble finding some IoT devices of Xiaomi?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 358

Replies: 1

Tags

ip masquerading
Related Articles