Problem with Tagged/Untagged port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-03 13:06:04 - last edited 2023-08-07 01:06:59
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 5.9.32

Hi.

I have a problem with my configuration.

In the network configuration "default site/parameters/wired network/Lan" i cannot setup Tagged/Untagged parameter. I explain.

My management VLAN as ID 66 and all my "WIFI" network as Other ID. So Omada controller and all EAP are on the same branch in Untagged VLAN 66

to avoid person in "Default" Vlan (generally 1) can acces Network Infrastructure

But nowhere in the omada controller configuration, you can tell port 1 is untagged.

The "LAN" profile is define in VLAN 1, but it appear to be "tagged" : if i setup DHCP in LAN config, EAP cant get IP address.

If someone at TP-Link can read this i thank it a lot.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problem with Tagged/Untagged port-Solution
2023-08-04 09:11:09 - last edited 2023-08-07 01:06:59

Hi @plavielle 

This is a Controller to control other devices. It does not have any ability to work/replace a router/switch. These features are open but they are not effective even if you configured them.

Purpose of the OC200 is to control a bunch of devices in a centralized manner. You configure them on the Controller and the controller applies the settings to them. SDN software is the interface you are seeing on the OC200.

It's not a router and cannot replace the function of a router. Omada controller uses proprietary protocols to control/manage Omada-compatible devices.

Product Family of Omada Series

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
19 Reply
Re:Problem with Tagged/Untagged port
2023-08-04 01:16:17 - last edited 2023-08-04 01:19:08

Hi @plavielle 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Sorry that I don't understand you very well. The fact you stated above is right.

But nowhere in the omada controller configuration, you can tell port 1 is untagged.

The "LAN" profile is define in VLAN 1, but it appear to be "tagged" : if i setup DHCP in LAN config, EAP cant get IP address.

If someone at TP-Link can read this i thank it a lot.

To determine whether a port is untagged or tagged, you check the port Profile. Native VLAN = PVID and the rest of tag/untag are literal meanings.

In this picture, PVID = Guest VLAN, Untagged = Guest, Tagged = Test, and Test 2. If this profile is applied to a port, then the port works as stated.

Since you have already enabled Management VLAN(VLAN 66), why put the EAP in VLAN 1? If you want it to stay in VLAN 1, disable Management VLAN on the device config then.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-04 05:47:33

@Clive_A

I dont understand the logic of tplink configuration,  but this is my config.

Omada OC200 port 1 is connected on cisco switch on untagged port in VLAN 66. If put on an another port untagged in vlan 66 on this switch an AEP225, it cannot receive dchp ip. So How can i make it works.

And if i put somewhere in VLAN 66 a dhcp server (like my firewall) EAP can get dchp address. So what is the good configuration for Omada OC200 ???

Options
2023-08-04 07:18:12

@plavielle 

what router do you have? do you have omada switch, router or just an OC200 and some Access point?

Options
2023-08-04 07:32:15

@MR.S

OC200-ETH1 is connected to a Cisco SG250-8 on port 8 in Acces Mode Untagged in VLAN 66

Cisco Switch port 1 is connected on Infra in Trunk Mode (without VLAN 1, not needed)

EAP225 is connected on Cisco switch Port 7. The port on cisco is Trunk with native VLAN 66

If i configure DHCP on my FIREWALL, all is ok. If i configure DHCP on OC200 = FAIL

I think SDN Software was not "well tune" for OC200. I'm going to try to mount a Win7 VM with 4 Eth (one in each vlan) to see if it's a DEV problem

Options
2023-08-04 07:38:08

@plavielle 

you don't answer my question, what router do you have and have you any omada switch?

Options
2023-08-04 07:46:55

@MR.S 

No Omada Switch and no router.

And i dont understand why you talk me about router. If equipment are in the same VLAN, why do you need router ?????

Options
2023-08-04 07:54:46

@plavielle 

Ok reson I ask is that all yout settings work only on omda routers and switches.  so everything you do in wired network section is only applyed to omdad device, not to cisco or other non omda device

so you ar in wrong forum, you have to go to cisco forum or forum for you firewall.

Options
2023-08-04 07:58:58

@MR.S 

OC200 V2 is not OMADA Material ?????????????????????????

https://www.tp-link.com/fr/business-networking/omada-sdn-controller/oc200/

And VLAN ISOLATION Works on OC200 Controller. So i think there is a problem with the SDN Software/Firmware adapted to this device

Options
2023-08-04 08:04:53

Hi @plavielle 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you don't have an Omada router/switch, then nothing you configure here on the OC200 that relates to router/switch parameters would be effective.

That's why @MR.S told you to find help on other forums.

Note that only the parameters related to the EAP are effective. You config EAP-related settings on OC200, then it works for the EAP alone.

Management VLAN is a feature on Omada router/switch.

Options
2023-08-04 08:05:55

@plavielle 

oc200 is only a controller to configure OMADA access point, routers and switches, not cisco or other brand.

oc200 have no vlan, port on omda is untagged and do connetct to untagged ports whatever what vlan the untagged port have.. so your problem is router or switch config. that cant we help you with, this is tp-link forum.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1598

Replies: 19

Related Articles