Problem with Tagged/Untagged port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem with Tagged/Untagged port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:Problem with Tagged/Untagged port
2023-08-04 08:12:10 - last edited 2023-08-04 08:17:19

@Clive_A 

So why TP-LINK let all this configuration possible if it impossible on OC200 ????

So SDN Software is not well dev/adapted for OC200. I'm going to try under Windows with multiple interface.

I Dont see the purpose off OC200 if it cannot give ip adresses via DHCP (perhaps in vlan 1, but i have to test)

And so, give me a schematic of how i have to use to make it work. Surprise me. A switch is a switch and a router is a router. Does SDN software have magic wand to configure remotely TP-LINK switch and routers ???

Options
Re:Problem with Tagged/Untagged port-Solution
2023-08-04 09:11:09 - last edited 2023-08-07 01:06:59

Hi @plavielle 

This is a Controller to control other devices. It does not have any ability to work/replace a router/switch. These features are open but they are not effective even if you configured them.

Purpose of the OC200 is to control a bunch of devices in a centralized manner. You configure them on the Controller and the controller applies the settings to them. SDN software is the interface you are seeing on the OC200.

It's not a router and cannot replace the function of a router. Omada controller uses proprietary protocols to control/manage Omada-compatible devices.

Product Family of Omada Series

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-04 09:51:20

@Clive_A 

I begin to understand. Basically i I thought that OC200 was a more "intelligent/powerfull" device. But Effectively it can control all OMADA device, but no interest in my case, because i have allready switch/routers/firewall in place.

Sorry for these multiple questions. You can suppress my question, no interest for people.

So i'm going to replace my OC200 by a win7 VM, more easy to backup and no more problem with power outage (one OC200 dead after a simple on/off).

Thanks for all

Options
2023-08-07 01:06:47

Hi @plavielle 

Omada controller can enable you to remotely control your devices. But this is based on either you use our Omada cloud platform or you open up the port for your VM.

If you use the cloud platform, so you gotta bind your controller to the TP-Link ID.Then they'll be linked together and give you remote access to the controller.

Omada Cloud platform

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-07 05:45:19

@Clive_A 

Okay. But like you see on my diagram, i only have one OC200 and EAP225.

My major problem was i was thinking that OC200 was able to act as a DCHP server (like we can think when we go in configuration lan), but in fact no.

So if you buy just OC200, and your corporate internal IP address is not 192.168.1.xx then you cannot make wifi work.

The documentation on product was not clear and software are not device specific, so this why tplink forum is so active.

In my cas i have understand where is my problem, so i'm going to take in care each time i'm going to change something on network.

i have 12 eap225-outdoor deployed and it works relatively well.

Options
2023-08-10 11:11:48 - last edited 2023-08-10 11:14:52

VLAN 1 is the default and can't be changed or modified. The controller uses encryption methods to talk to devices over VLAN 1. You will also notice you can't change the ports for vlan1. Consider VLAN 1 as the management port.

I would try cisco config as

switchport trunk native vlan 1

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1

Switchport mode trunk

Options
2023-08-10 13:06:47
That's not the problem. When you use OC200 in LAN configuration, there is an option to configure DHCP. OC200 is not capable of acting as a DHCP server so, why to leave this option in this device. This firmware or Omada software was not clear. The option of DHCP should appear when, in your device list, you have a switch or router capable of doing this role
Options
2023-08-10 13:32:49

@plavielle The OC200 is a configuration utility, you would typically manage all the aspects of your connected hardware using the OC200/300 when you set a DHCP for a lan the DHCP lease comes from the router for example not the controller (OC200).

Typically you have to have a router attached to get cloud access.

Options
2023-08-10 13:41:21
It's like i talk to a wall. Please dont reply anymore. I work actively since 3 years with english people (usa in particular) and you dont have the same thinking than european people. So please admin close that thread.
Options
Related Articles