Can't connect using PPPoE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-05 11:31:37 - last edited 2023-08-07 02:36:22
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Hello.

As in subject. When I trying to connect router giving mi message that "dial-up is failed".

In my tp-link archer c7 connection by PPPoE with the same login and password working perfectly. What else can I check?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Can't connect using PPPoE-Solution
2023-08-05 12:56:24 - last edited 2023-08-07 02:44:03

@Arkasia check the MAC address of the WAN interface on the c7, then set the MAC on the ER605 WAN interface to be the same.

Its possible that your ISP is checking the mac address of the router making the PPPoE connection

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-07 02:42:53 - last edited 2023-08-07 02:42:58

Hi @Arkasia 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This is quite common. Many ISPs bind the MAC address to their server so that they can have a rather static MAC address table and easy to maintain it. Also for extra security.

You can try to turn off your modem for a while and boot it up with the new router connected. That'll fresh the MAC address table.
Or you can set up the MAC clone which can also quickly fix the problem.

Or you can call your ISP and they can release the MAC address quickly, too.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2023-08-05 12:56:24 - last edited 2023-08-07 02:44:03

@Arkasia check the MAC address of the WAN interface on the c7, then set the MAC on the ER605 WAN interface to be the same.

Its possible that your ISP is checking the mac address of the router making the PPPoE connection

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't connect using PPPoE
2023-08-05 15:27:15 - last edited 2023-08-07 02:44:01
When I tried it befor this not worked but when I clone MAC from archer and DNS from ISP its working. Idk why my ISP is checking for archer MAC xD
Options
2023-08-07 02:42:53 - last edited 2023-08-07 02:42:58

Hi @Arkasia 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This is quite common. Many ISPs bind the MAC address to their server so that they can have a rather static MAC address table and easy to maintain it. Also for extra security.

You can try to turn off your modem for a while and boot it up with the new router connected. That'll fresh the MAC address table.
Or you can set up the MAC clone which can also quickly fix the problem.

Or you can call your ISP and they can release the MAC address quickly, too.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options