New EAP225 Wont Adopt

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New EAP225 Wont Adopt

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New EAP225 Wont Adopt
New EAP225 Wont Adopt
2023-08-06 19:55:49 - last edited 2023-08-07 01:11:35

I have 3 sites all running OC200 controllers and a variety of AP's.   I have a new EAP220 that wont fails the adoption.  Failed to send adopt command (wrong password please erase)  when I log in via the PC or the app.  I reset the device and have the same issue. I use the default admin/admin password or my password and always the same issue.   I shut off my routers firewall and have the same issue   Rebooted everything.   tries both wireless adoption and wired.   Suggestions?

Options
4 Reply
Re:New EAP225 Wont Adopt
2023-08-07 08:17:18

Hi @Reef-a-Holic 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

So, let me explain how it works first. If you have logged into the EAP and changed its password, then you cannot adopt it until you put in the correct username and password.

The username and password is the one when you first log into the EAP which the device asks you to change.

When you adopt the EAP/Router/Switch to the Omada Controller, Controller will try the default "admin". If fails, ask for the input of the correct username and password.

So, put the correct username and password. Or the default, it should work as expected.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-07 08:52:25

@Clive_A thanks for the reply.  I have never logged into this new rap.  It is right out of the box.   My first attempt was with the app on the phone.  The next attempt was with the web browser.  Tried resetting AP several times and still can't get ion. 

Options
2023-08-07 09:07:04

Hi @Reef-a-Holic 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you try to log in to it now? Do a reset first and then with the default admin, can you log into it?

If not, where do you get it? I am not sure if this one you own is customized for some contract. If this is from a legit retail source, then this should not happen.

Do you have the printed box that shows the label of the product? You can mosaic the S/N and MAC address if that shows.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-07 12:53:07

@Clive_A bought it new in the box still in plastic.  Can not get in sominguess I'll open a service request with TPLINK. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 318

Replies: 4

Related Articles