OC200 won't override time with NTP data, always 1 hour behind.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-16 12:35:07 - last edited 2023-08-17 03:36:41
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.9.3

So my OC200 has constantly been behind an hour since DST. I setup the NTP servers, first using my gateway as NTP and then using the external servers my gateway uses. I did what was recommended to get it to sync, change the time zone to something else and then change it back, nothing. There's absolutely no reason to change my settings to enable DST. Apparently this issue dates back years and some users just changed their time zone to fix it or setup the DST schedule. I would prefer not to do that.

This doesn't make sense to me as the device should just pull the NTP data and update the time accordingly no?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OC200 won't override time with NTP data, always 1 hour behind.-Solution
2023-08-16 15:08:48 - last edited 2023-08-17 03:36:41

@bubba333 

I think you misunderstand how NTP works.  NTP synchronizes local GMT.  The local system then has a +/-  timezone offset.  The local system may also have a +/- DST setting.  You need to enable DST in you controller and set the start/end dates for when DST is active in your region.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:OC200 won't override time with NTP data, always 1 hour behind.-Solution
2023-08-16 15:08:48 - last edited 2023-08-17 03:36:41

@bubba333 

I think you misunderstand how NTP works.  NTP synchronizes local GMT.  The local system then has a +/-  timezone offset.  The local system may also have a +/- DST setting.  You need to enable DST in you controller and set the start/end dates for when DST is active in your region.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:OC200 won't override time with NTP data, always 1 hour behind.
2023-08-16 16:05:27

@d0ugmac1 

My bad, you are correct. NTP servers use UTC which does not have DST. Somehow my OpnSense gateway is automatically detecting DST and adjusting internally. I did just what you recommended and it is working and have pointed the Omada NTP servers back to the gateway. My concern is if they implement changes to DST and I'll have to go in and adjust again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 293

Replies: 2

Related Articles