assinging private ipv6 addresses in LAN dhcpv6

2023-08-19 00:57:41 - last edited 2023-08-19 01:00:56
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I do have 2 wan connections and my ISP's provide ipv6.

I configured my WAN's and get can the ipv6's on my wan interfaces.

I'm wondering why we can't use private IP addresses within FD00::/7 

Options
7 Reply
Re:assinging private ipv6 addresses in LAN dhcpv6
2023-08-21 02:58:46

Hi @Bonesoul 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Any luck with "FD00::/7"?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-21 11:03:01

@Clive_A 

nope, no luck :/

Options
2023-08-22 07:07:53

Hi @Bonesoul 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Will send emails to the team as feedback. Thanks a lot for bringing this up to us.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-23 00:37:34

thanks, waiting for the the news.

From my educated guess, assigning private ipv6's within the network would require a NAT6 implementation, which seems to missing atm.

Options
2023-08-26 11:50:09

An great example why we need to be able to use fd00/7 addresses with NAT6 support (private ipv6 addresses - www.wikiwand. com/en/Unique_local_address) and only deliver them in home / business networks to local nodes: 

www.reddit. com/r/homelab/comments/161axo7/just_found_out_all_ipv6_devices_in_my_home/

CDN media

Without fd00/7 addresses and assigning public ipv6 addresses, your network is basically vulnerable to external access without proper ipv6 firewall configuration (which i wonder if with current omada ACL rules possible for ipv6 traffic?)

Options
2023-12-29 06:40:57

Hi  @Clive_A 

Any update on this?

Options
2024-04-30 18:16:57

also looking for an update on this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0