"mesh" networks occasionally visible on my EAP610 mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-20 05:42:47 - last edited 2023-08-20 05:44:43
Tags: #Mesh
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I've just setup my EAP610 mesh network with 4 AP's, all controlled by Omada SDN.

However, occasionally I'm able to see a few networks prefixed with "mesh_", such as "mesh_788cb59ad8e0" (see attached screenshot)

I assume these have something to do with the EAP, however:

1. Why are these networks visible?

2. Is there any way I can suppress these from being shown?

These are being picked up on my Windows 10 laptop, but I also can sometimes see them from my Galaxy S23 as well.

Thanks,

Josh

File:
mesh-networks.pngDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:"mesh" networks occasionally visible on my EAP610 mesh network
2023-08-21 09:46:35

Hello @josh43

It seems to be a weird issue, can you confirm these WiFi names are not from your neighbor or someone else?

Please go to Wireless Networks > WLAN to check whether you have the same SSID set there.

If you suspect this issue is caused by the Mesh feature, you may disable the Mesh and connect the EAPs to your network wired to observe for a while for testing.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 204

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles