ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ER605
ER605
2023-08-21 12:25:21 - last edited 2024-03-18 01:50:27
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20230511 Rel: 51317

I'm having issues lately with the PORT Mirroring functionality.

It was working up until a week or so ago and now it doesn't work at all

On the Router "PORT Mirror" is enabled and mirror mode is set to Ingress/Egress

Mirroring PORT is 2 which is IP 192.168.1.11

Mirrored PORT is 4 which is IP 192.168.1.15

The Mirrored Device is a Raspberry PI

The Mirroring device is a Windows 10 Laptop running version 22H2 (OS build 19045.3086)

On the Mirroring device, I have wireshark running (Monitoring the Ethernet port) with filter ip.addr == 192.168.1.15

Wireshark version 4.0.7 and have npcap-1.75 installed 

I have also tried switching mirrored port on the router/switch but no luck.

Normally, I would expect a lot of traffic to flow through wireshark for ip 192.168.1.15 with port mirroring enabled but I'm getting nothing at all. I even tried switching the Mirrored device to a windows 10 desktop but again, nothing shows.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 -Solution
2023-08-22 01:44:44 - last edited 2024-03-18 01:50:27

Hi @NX01

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Have you considered it could be a problem with your Pi? Or your config on the device or your fitler?

We have not received any feedback on this. For any troubleshooting, we use port mirroring as well. I don't think there is a problem with our device or firmware.

I'd suggest you set mirrored port to another one. Your WAN or another. So you can verify that there is no problem with the function.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:ER605 -Solution
2023-08-22 01:44:44 - last edited 2024-03-18 01:50:27

Hi @NX01

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Have you considered it could be a problem with your Pi? Or your config on the device or your fitler?

We have not received any feedback on this. For any troubleshooting, we use port mirroring as well. I don't think there is a problem with our device or firmware.

I'd suggest you set mirrored port to another one. Your WAN or another. So you can verify that there is no problem with the function.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 232

Replies: 1

Related Articles