VLAN Set-up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VLAN Set-up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VLAN Set-up
VLAN Set-up
2023-08-23 08:37:24 - last edited 2023-08-23 08:39:53
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hi, I would like to validate following vlan configuration.

equipment 2x SG108E

ziggo isp modem in bridge mode

google wifi router + multiple google wifi points for internet throughout the house

In the home basement the ziggo isp modem in bridge mode is located + multiple devices that need wired internet from the google wifi router mentioned below.

In the living room the google wifi router is located (mesh set up with multiple google wifi poins).

only one Ethernet wire from basement to living room [so I need a vlan to get the isp modem to the router in the living room; but also to get the local network with internet back to the basement]

Set up for SG108E in basement

Tagged port 2 for VLAN 1 (google wifi router) and VLAN10 (ziggo isp Modem) will be wired to the livingroom switch

Untagged port 1 for VLAN 10 with PVID 10 to connect to LAN PORT of ziggo isp modem

Untagged port 3-8 for VLAN 1 with PVID 1 for wired devices connected to the google wifi home network (ie connect to the internet)

In the living room:

Second SG108E switch:

Tagged port 1 for vlan 1 and 10 is wired to the basement switch.

Untagged port 2 for vlan10  with pvid 10 will go into the wan port of the google wifi router   (this should be the "signal" coming from the ISP router in the basement)

untagged port 3-8 with pvid1 will connect to the lan port of the google wifi router and to other wired devices that are part of the home network and need internet

Options
1 Reply
Re:VLAN Set-up
2023-08-24 02:14:39

@Nyon14 

tbh, i lose interest when I read 

Nyon14 wrote

equipment 2x SG108E

ziggo isp modem in bridge mode

google wifi router + multiple google wifi points for internet throughout the house

some of the setup you want may not be doable on it.

but if you are simply creating vlan, you can refer to https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/788/

not sure why you tag port 2, is there any reason for you to do that? note that your google router is not tagged, how come you set it as tagged on the switch? 

and is there a vlan 2 on the google router?

Nyon14 wrote

In the living room:

Second SG108E switch:

Tagged port 1 for vlan 1 and 10 is wired to the basement switch.

Untagged port 2 for vlan10  with pvid 10 will go into the wan port of the google wifi router   (this should be the "signal" coming from the ISP router in the basement)

untagged port 3-8 with pvid1 will connect to the lan port of the google wifi router and to other wired devices that are part of the home network and need internet

not sure why you'd do this(underlined part). it's wrong to me. like what I said above, what's vlan 10 used for google router? 

does your google support that?

moreover, you've already set the modem into bridge mode, where is this vlan 10 coming from? directly from wan? 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 228

Replies: 1

Related Articles