We have the following set:

2 x starlink antennas ->
1 x er605 router ->
1 x 8 port switch -->
some eap110 and eap225 --> mobile phones and laptops

And with the following details:

1. Two spacex Starlink antennas in bridge mode
2. one is on wan port and the other on wan/lan1
3. each has a different ip, but both are on the same gateway 100.64.0.1 (cgnat starlink)
4. tp-link's er605 pulls a signal from just one of them, it can't pull internet from both simultaneously.

Note: we changed the dns of one of them in the ER605 settings, but before the change it was the same (pulling the signal of only one of them)

We need to make both work together, any suggestions?

Note 2: both antennas are OK, we've tested them directly. Even the er605 sometimes changes the use of their signal by itself, that is, sometimes it pulls the signal only from the WAN other times it pulls the signal only from the wan/lan1; never together, which is our desire

WAN   Online

IP Address: 100.102.254.162

Gateway: 100.64.0.1

DNS Server: 198.54.100.14 | 198.54.100.15

Speed: 1000 Mbps

Download Pkts/Bytes: 42 MB

WAN/LAN1

IP Address: 100.60.5.158

Gateway: 100.64.0.1

DNS Server: 8.8.8.8 | 1.1.1.1

Download Pkts/Bytes: 50.47 GB

Options
13 Reply
Re:Er605 -> two Starlink dish -> same gateway -> don't work
2023-08-25 02:11:14

Hi @DanielSalina 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you need both Starlink work at the same time, you should enable Load Balance and disable the Link Backup(AKA failover).

By default the Load Balance is enabled. Your network access should be balanced between the two.

If it shows Online on both WANs then it should be fine. Your Intenet is up.

From your description, you seem to want to test the load balance on them. So, either run a speed test and check if you have add-up speed, or you can test by following this article - Why failing to achieve bandwidth aggregation of multiple WAN ports by Speedtest on SMB router

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-25 20:43:30

@DanielSalina 

Hi friend, thanks for the reply.

We think that Load Balance is already active.

The problem continues.

The attachment contains some prints of how it is.

File:
tmp tp-link.pdfDownload
Options
2023-08-28 16:25:46

@DanielSalina 

Update:

I changed one starlink antenna connected to the WAN1 port, taking it out of bridge mode, and putting it in "router" mode, as per the factory default.

Then it looked like this:

- 1 antenna (WAN) in bridge mode
- 1 antenna (WAN1) in router mode (starlink standard)

Objective was to make the ER605 work with 2 different gateways, a bridge mode gateway (100.64.0.1) and the other router mode gateway (192.168.1.1).

Result: the problem continues, it is pulling a signal from only one of them.

Today I'm going to remove the ER605 from the Omada controller system (Omada software controller), leave it in standalone mode to see if it works.

Has anyone gone through this?

Antenna on WAN port
Upload Pkts/Bytes:105512 / 11.35 MB
Download Pkts/Bytes:103737 / 16.91 MB

Antenna on WAN1 port
Upload Pkts/Bytes:7583963 / 3.36 GB
Download Pkts/Bytes:16148399 / 17.80 GB

File:
tp-link er605 2808.pdfDownload
Options
2023-08-29 05:48:43 - last edited 2023-08-29 06:02:59

Hi @DanielSalina 

Like I said earlier, did you run Policy Routing and test it? If you have done that, then it means both WANs are working.

Regarding why one of the WANs is handling the most traffic and bandwidth, that could be a result of sessions.

What kind of traffic do you usually use? If a session is not over, and it continues to send a lot of traffic, then this session will use a lot of data on a single WAN which was used for the first establishment of the connection.

If you are watching videos, there may be multiple sessions established and this may be balanced between two WANs.

I am quite sure that there is no issue with the load balance recently. And we don't add any new features to this recently.

But in your PDF, I found out that the gateway seems to be the same. Both are on

100.X.X.X IP addresses are mostly reserved for mobile services. This is the only thing I found strange. I am not able to say that this is the cause but this does seem to be not ideal.

If possible, can you try to avoid the same gateway? Also, about the DNS, would recommend you use 8.8.8.8 or other famous public DNS IPs for both WANs. Instead of 198.X.X.X so that we can be sure this is not a DNS issue as well.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-19 12:40:33

@DanielSalina 

Good morning,

apparently the TL-ER605 does not work with two Starlink antennas on the Omada Software Controller.

Outside of Omada, we managed to make both antennas work simultaneously.

Outside Omada -> Both antennas work simultaneously.
With Omada -> Only one antenna works.

Attached image

Tks

File:
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-19 at 8.34.13 AM.jpegDownload
Options
2024-03-20 04:36:37

@DanielSalina Is this still not working? I almost pulled the trigger on a second Starlink dish for load balancing, but then I saw this thread. If Peplink can get this to work, I don't see why TP-Link shouldn't also be able to make it work.

I may have to stop using the ER605 and purchase a Peplink if this hasn't been fixed.

Options
2024-03-20 05:39:59

Hi @Cotay 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Cotay wrote

@DanielSalina Is this still not working? I almost pulled the trigger on a second Starlink dish for load balancing, but then I saw this thread. If Peplink can get this to work, I don't see why TP-Link shouldn't also be able to make it work.

I may have to stop using the ER605 and purchase a Peplink if this hasn't been fixed.

How do you configure the load balance? Do you have the link backup enabled?

You may read through this and check if you have any misconfig.

And how do you determine that the load balance is not working?

Options
2024-03-20 15:45:21

@Clive_A Hello, I am not yet attempting this since it's a significant investment to simply try something hoping it would work. TP-Link should know the capability of its devices so I again post the question as follows:

Does the ER605 support dual WAN/load balancing when both ISPs (separate accounts) have the same ISP Gateway address? 

This question was never directly answered by TP-Link in the earlier entries in this thread?

Options
2024-03-21 02:26:57

Hi @Cotay 

Cotay wrote

@Clive_A Hello, I am not yet attempting this since it's a significant investment to simply try something hoping it would work. TP-Link should know the capability of its devices so I again post the question as follows:

Does the ER605 support dual WAN/load balancing when both ISPs (separate accounts) have the same ISP Gateway address? 

This question was never directly answered by TP-Link in the earlier entries in this thread?

Options
2024-03-21 03:44:48

@Clive_A I'm sorry, but it feels like we are not communicating correctly. Are you saying that if I have two Starlink accounts with ISP Gateway: 100.64.0.1 on both WANs that it will work?

Your replies earlier in the thread suggested that was a problem and then the original poster just stated it never worked. I do not see your Internet Service Providers Gateway in the pictures you attached, just your LAN Gateway is the same.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 865

Replies: 13

Related Articles