Er605 -> two Starlink dish -> same gateway -> don't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Er605 -> two Starlink dish -> same gateway -> don't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Er605 -> two Starlink dish -> same gateway -> don't work
2024-03-21 06:52:18

Hi @Cotay 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Cotay wrote

@Clive_A I'm sorry, but it feels like we are not communicating correctly. Are you saying that if I have two Starlink accounts with ISP Gateway: 100.64.0.1 on both WANs that it will work?

Your replies earlier in the thread suggested that was a problem and then the original poster just stated it never worked. I do not see your Internet Service Providers Gateway in the pictures you attached, just your LAN Gateway is the same.

Yes, it works.

100.X.Y.Z is not a public IP either. So there is no difference in this demo I gave. If you have a different opinion, I am very glad to know.

Load balancing should be properly configured before it works. If you have read what I sent to you. Many cases are on link backup which gives the impression that load balancing is not working properly. Please read what's been explained in that KB. Everything about the link backup has been explained in that.

I, so far, cannot think of anything else to add to that article.

And that is not a LAN Gateway either. It is not accurate to say that. Please take a look at the picture again if you have a question about it.

Please use proper terms if necessary so we are on the same page.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-03-21 07:07:36

Hi @Cotay
If you ask anyone about the routings on WAN and LAN, it is always recommended to avoid the same IP address or subnet. Because that might be causing a trouble in the routing tables.

I am saying that might be the cause because it is under the process of ruling out the variables and possible causes.

He posted the WAN traffic count which means he cared about whether both WANs were up and running. I asked to set up the Policy Routing for further testing. He did not care to test.

And his pictures mean nothing and prove nothing. If you have any opinions on my comment on his test results, I am open to discussion.

And I am now showing you that setting the same WAN IP address would not pose a problem and both can link up properly.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-03-21 15:28:33 - last edited 2024-07-10 01:47:17

@Cotay Thank you! That makes me more comfortable spending the additional funds on a second Starlink account.

EDIT (07/09/2024): I can confirm that Load Balancing does indeed work with two different Starlink dishes through the ER605.  Thanks again to Clive_A.

Options
Related Articles