Connection Issues with Apple and some Android Devices on Guest Network and VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-24 11:49:46
Model: EAP650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20

I have a network setup comprising an R605 Router, two SG2008P Switches, two EAP 650 Access Points, and an OC200 Controller.

I have two Wi-Fi networks named "Home" and "Guest" While "Home" is functioning without any issues, I'm encountering difficulties with "Guest" when it is configured as a Guest network or VLAN. Specifically, Apple and some Android devices are unable to connect to the "Guest" network, whereas other devices (laptops, some mobile phones) connect without problems.

When it is just another Network with just these 2 settings disabled in the Controller the Network works fine.

Both features where tested but i only want the Guest Network part the vlan is not really needet.

Error message: "Connection could not be established." (transcribed 1 to 1 as i had no phones set to english to Test)

Could you please assist me in troubleshooting this issue?

If this is the wrong Categorie  fell free to move it or correct me so i can do that.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection Issues with Apple and some Android Devices on Guest Network and VLAN
2023-08-25 07:58:24

@MrShinigami 

Do you mean all wireless clients have the connection issue, but the wired clients are working?

Can these issued clients obtain a valid IP? Can the guest network work properly if you don't set the VLAN?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Connection Issues with Apple and some Android Devices on Guest Network and VLAN
2023-08-25 13:20:47

@Virgo 

Thank you for the quick reply.

Some devices cant connect at all via the Wirless Network (the second one) if either or both of these are true:

either set as Guest Network.

or as a Vlan.

The weird thing is some devices such as my Laptop and Phone work 100% with the Network even if these setting are checked.

But devices of other people seem to have issues.

My first guess was hey maybe my devices were connected before i set it up as a Guest Network and works because of that,

No i created a third new Network my devices could connect again other people that are also in the main Network could not.

So some devices get a valid IP? others dont? (Internet works if your devices managed to connect)

and it happens with 1 or 2 of these setting enabled.

Options