Mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mesh network
Mesh network
2023-08-24 19:40:26 - last edited 2023-08-25 09:12:25
Model: OC200   TL-SG1016PE   EAP670  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. 
OC200 Controller

TLDG10116PE POE switch

AX5400 EAP670 ceiling mount ap's (x3)

AX1800 outdoor ap

All ap's hardwired and powered with Cat6 back to poe switch. OC200 connected to the poe switch. The switch is connected to my Bell giga hub wired/wireless modem. 

I want to set all my ap's in a mesh network instead of standalone. The separate rooms that 3 of the indoor ap's will each be located are sheilded and so the wifi signal is contained in each room and does not leave or reach the other ap's. 
The mesh I want is as follows.  When I leave one room to go into the next room, I can receive the signal from the ap in that next room. 

I have tried to set up a mesh in the oc200 cloud base dashboard page and I can't get passed the first step. 

I'm not extremely tech savey with IT so I would appreciate some assistance in lay terms. 

Thanks in advance. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Mesh network
2023-08-28 10:41:36 - last edited 2023-08-28 11:20:02

@Skyscraper So all of your APs have a wired network connection?  MESH is designed to link wireless APs to wired ROOT APs. Since they are all wired, they do not satisify conditions for a MESH. 

Another condition that needs to exist for MESH is the ability for the APs to communicate wirelessly. The conditions in your following statement means a MESH cannot be created.

"The separate rooms that 3 of the indoor ap's will each be located are sheilded and so the wifi signal is contained in each room and does not leave or reach the other ap's."

The good news is the performance / feature you are seeking is Roaming, not MESH, and a Controller is not even needed in your scenario. You would likely be fine with just basic roaming which can be accomplished by giving each of the APs the same SSID, Password, etc.  However, if you are going to use the hardware controller, look in Controller interface in the SITE section. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 347

Replies: 1

Related Articles