Outdoor Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Outdoor Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Outdoor Wifi
Outdoor Wifi
2023-08-26 02:27:23

I'm looking to get Wi-Fi coverage about 225' to our dock. I currently have an ASUS Ai Mesh router and have been looking at outdoor units to reach the dock as ASUS doesn't offer any. Can I connect the EAP650 to my network via PoE backhauled? If it's not a strong enough signal can I add a second one to act as a wireless mesh setup that will broadcast down at the dock? Do I have to connect a second router at the dock to the EAP?

thanks for the help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Outdoor Wifi
2023-08-27 01:16:22
I do this with the eap225 outdoor, though more like 150' for me. I have a straight shot to end of dock from the corner of the building just under the eave and I can easily get 100Mbps symmetric on the water. I power the outdoor mounted AP from my SG2210P POE switch via about 60' of CAT6. You dont need another router, just connect the TPlink outdoor AP to your existing ASUS router and use the included POE injector inline if you have the EAP225.
<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-08-27 01:29:41

@d0ugmac1 thanks, so if I don't get the same results I could drop a second on the dock then to pickup the signal?

Options
2023-08-27 01:40:27
No, adding a second meshed AP requires a Controller finction like the OC200 or a software one that runs 24/7. If you can make a single AP work that would be easiest, otherwise, you might consider an outdoor range extender solution.
<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 3

Related Articles