ER8411 TP-Link SFP+ doesn’t work after 1.1.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-26 08:14:47 - last edited 2023-08-26 08:15:59
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

I've been using TM-SN5310-T SFP+ module for my main WAN connection, and realized that after update to 1.1.0 firmware my primary WAN stopped working and only my secondary WAN using SFP-non plus module works.

Tried swapping another SFP+ module, no help. Swapped SFP+ to secondary WAN and SPF to primary WAN, and now the secodary WAN does not work, primary does with SFP module.

Really disappointed, that this is an official release for the firmware, and contains such major flaw. :(

OC300 as a controller, running latest early access firmware to even be able to update ER8411 to 1.1.0.

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER8411 TP-Link SFP+ doesn’t work after 1.1.0
2023-08-26 22:31:09

@Enhancer 

I've had issues with the SPF+ port not proper linking.

Have you tried changing the speed n duplex?  Set to 1G full, test. Then switch back to 10G full.  And if you can acces the device on the other end ( modem example), try changing flow control, speed n duplex.

in stand alone mode, the option the adjust flow controll is in router. However, if setting flow control on router works, it won't help much if you re connect to OMADA. As in the OMADA interface there is no flow control setting.

Options
2023-08-27 08:32:52 - last edited 2023-08-27 08:33:35

@DaKings Currently unable to change the port settings, as my only SFP module is now serving the main connection.

I tried setting it from 10G to 1G before changing the module, no help there.

From your comment, it is clear that there is a software fault in the ports, and quite a serious one since this would've killed the connectivity fully without backup WAN. :(

Options
2023-09-01 06:07:11 - last edited 2023-09-01 06:07:33

Hi @Enhancer 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230900924, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 597

Replies: 3

Related Articles