Votes

Allow external linking in forums

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-26 11:51:48 - last edited 2023-08-28 02:54:09

Why linking external pages are not allowed?

Have been trying to point a few external resources in my posts but can't. Related to my user account having a lower level?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Allow external linking in forums
2023-08-28 02:53:46

Hi @Bonesoul 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Bonesoul wrote

Why linking external pages are not allowed?

Have been trying to point a few external resources in my posts but can't. Related to my user account having a lower level?

We don't wanna the customer to be guided to a third-party website where there is a potential danger to be blackmailed or fished by fake support.

And we don't take responsibility for any damage or cost if being redirected by third-party websites.

We black unknown websites but allow a list of addresses we trust. We cannot include every website and identify each one of them.

But will consider in the future allowing third-party websites but with notifications to alert the forum users at their own caution when browsing on third-party websites.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 205

Replies: 1

Voters 1