ICMP WAN-pings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ICMP WAN-pings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ICMP WAN-pings
ICMP WAN-pings
2023-08-28 18:53:13 - last edited 2023-08-31 08:59:53
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: latest

Hi guys

I get a lot of WAN-pings in my log every few min. I have investigated and it turns out that my ISP is doing ICMP pings. How can I disable logging of ICMP's  in my 7206?

Thanks

/Ulf

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ICMP WAN-pings-Solution
2023-08-31 08:50:31 - last edited 2023-08-31 09:00:08

Hi @UlfLaursenDK 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you are using a Controller, you probably can try this. If you use standalone, you can set it up in a similar way. Create an IP group and the destination should be Me

Standalone:

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:ICMP WAN-pings
2023-08-29 02:05:30

Hi @UlfLaursenDK 

Thanks for posting in our business forum. Options for you to consider:

1. Turn on "block ping from WAN"

2. If you use a controller, this does not show up.

If you are in standalone, there is no way to change what should or should not be displayed on the list. Simply enough that you can set Severity. This does not take up too much space. You can either delete all or restart your router. I remember that if you restart the router, it will remove all unsaved logs.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-29 04:40:13

@Clive_A Thanks a lot for this. The thing is though, that I have turned the "block wan pin" on but I want it to allow ICMP pings.

Thanks.

Options
Re:ICMP WAN-pings-Solution
2023-08-31 08:50:31 - last edited 2023-08-31 09:00:08

Hi @UlfLaursenDK 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you are using a Controller, you probably can try this. If you use standalone, you can set it up in a similar way. Create an IP group and the destination should be Me

Standalone:

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-31 08:52:31 - last edited 2023-08-31 08:53:14

@Clive_A 

Thanks a lot!! 

You guys are great!! smiley

/Ulf

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 309