Votes

Omada Controller (gateway): List active WAN connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-31 07:49:21 - last edited 2023-09-04 07:29:20
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.4

We should be able to see the total number of active WAN connections and list them (something like the linux commnand "netstat").

This is useful to create rules for ACL, QoS, ... and as a connection monitoring tool.

If this is already possible, please let me know how.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Controller (gateway): List active WAN connections
2023-09-01 02:05:05

Hi @ljalves 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This feature was once available in "debug" mode but it is not anymore. And we don't have plans to add it in the next update.

Can you list a brand that does this feature?

In my opinion, it could be helpful in your scenario, but this is gonna be a ton of connection/sessions if the network is huge. It may not be quite helpful in configuration because there are too many entries. But also causing confusion to home users.

On a single computer I use for work, that got like a hundred or so. Not sure how it helps ACL.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-09-01 08:46:51 - last edited 2023-09-01 08:47:10

Hi @Clive_A ,

I understand that on a huge network it could turn into a huge list (and maybe slow).

But for huge lists it could have a filter box.

DD-WRT has this functionality (shows total nr of wan connection and clicking the number shows the details):

Random google search example of the connection list window: here

Alternativelly (to avoid a huge list) it could be done per client:

Clicking the client it open it's details window and a new tab along "Details, History, Config" could show and be called something like "Active Connections".

Thanks,

Luis

Options
2023-09-04 01:05:52

Hi @ljalves 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

ljalves wrote

Hi @Clive_A ,

I understand that on a huge network it could turn into a huge list (and maybe slow).

But for huge lists it could have a filter box.

DD-WRT has this functionality (shows total nr of wan connection and clicking the number shows the details):

Random google search example of the connection list window: here

Alternativelly (to avoid a huge list) it could be done per client:

Clicking the client it open it's details window and a new tab along "Details, History, Config" could show and be called something like "Active Connections".

Thanks,

Luis

Except for the open-source software, do you know any brands like UBNT or Cisco doing so?

That would be more informative to us. I know that open-source can implement tons of features and even you can download them from their "stores" like extensions. But, that's not informative to the dev team. Would appreciate it if you could provide further insight on this.

We have this ability on CLI mode when you use "debug" but we closed this command from being accessible.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 352

Replies: 3

Voters 1