UNABLE TO PORT FORWARD 8080 FROM MY SERVER THROUGH TL-R470T+ LOAD BALACER ROUTER

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

UNABLE TO PORT FORWARD 8080 FROM MY SERVER THROUGH TL-R470T+ LOAD BALACER ROUTER

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-04 12:32:41 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:25:52
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 6.0.4 Build 20200313 Rel.32850

I HAVE BSNL FIBERNET CONNECTION AND I HAVE A SERVER CONNECTED TO IT. I SUCCESSFULLY OPENED A PORT 8080 IN THE BSNL FIBERNET AND I WAS ABLE TO ACCESS THAT PORT 8080 FROM ANYWHERE AROUND. RECENTLY I BROUGHT A LOAD BALANCER ( TL-R470T+) AS IM HAVING 4G ROUTER AS A BACKUP. I HAVE CONFIGURED EVERYTHING AS MENTIONED BUT STILL IM UNABLE TO PORTFORWARD. I DONT WHETHER THE MISTAKE IS IN ISP ROUTER OR IN THIS LOAD BALANCER. MY TOTALLY WORK IS STOPPED DUE TO THIS. PLEASE HELP EMERGENCY

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:UNABLE TO PORT FORWARD 8080 FROM MY SERVER THROUGH TL-R470T+ LOAD BALACER ROUTER-Solution
2023-09-06 03:05:17 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:25:40

Hi @TEJA_MAMIDI 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

TEJA_MAMIDI wrote

@Clive_A 

primarily i want to give you the network diagram sir.

(a) THE NETWORK DIAGRAM THAT WORKED FOR MY PORT FORWARDING :

BSNL ISP--------------------------->SERVER

(b) THE NEW NETWORK DIAGRAN THATS NOT WORKING FOR PORT FORWORDING :

BSNL ISP------------------------> LOAD BALANCER -------------------------> SERVER

If you give me this diagram, instead of judging the WAN IP address on the R470T+, I'd say you are double-natting this. (Simply judge from a diagram). Set the modem router to bridge mode. That's the fix.

And I would appreciate it if you could read that article I gave. This situation has been explained in that article. I bet you did not try to understand it.

If you want direct technical support, I suggest you contact the technical support

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:UNABLE TO PORT FORWARD 8080 FROM MY SERVER THROUGH TL-R470T+ LOAD BALACER ROUTER
2023-09-05 03:01:30 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:25:40

Hi @TEJA_MAMIDI 

Troubleshooting Virtual Services on the Router Doesn't Take Effect

You may take a look at this guide for some reference.

I suspect that if you have a valid public IP address?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:UNABLE TO PORT FORWARD 8080 FROM MY SERVER THROUGH TL-R470T+ LOAD BALACER ROUTER
2023-09-05 03:57:10 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:25:40

@Clive_A hi sir,

I will explain you the complete scenario now.

I want to make sure that I have done few things clearly 

1) I have bought a fixed public from my isp 

2) my server have an fixed static ip 

3) I have opened the port in BSNL router by changing settings in virtual server configuration. " external port :8080 ; internal port 8080 ; and internal server ip : 192.168.1.3

Sir with the above configuration I mentioned I used to access the port, when the internet is directly connected to the server through a lan without any load balancer in between. I have been working with that port since 2 years

only after puting the load balancer in between I unable to access the port 

so again I have login into that load balancer and at " NAT " and " Virtual server configuration " I have enter the external port : 8080 ; internal port : 8080 and internal server ip : 192.168.1.3. 

what I want to say is I have give same configuration to load balancer router as I have given to the ISP router and still it is not working 

Options
2023-09-05 06:59:52 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:25:40

Hi @TEJA_MAMIDI 

If you can troubleshoot step by step based on that article, I expect some pictures at least.

Simply judging from what you said, there is nothing wrong. This is a router that is EOL. We don't provide any further firmware updates to improve the performance or fix bugs. I don't have any other suggestions for this.

I still hope to verify if your network diagram is ok or not. I have the same model in a test environment. I am certain that latest firmware and hardware of R470T+ port forwarding works.

Options
2023-09-05 07:37:38 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:25:40

@Clive_A 

BSNL ISP------------------------> LOAD BALANCER -------------------------> SERVER

Options
Re:UNABLE TO PORT FORWARD 8080 FROM MY SERVER THROUGH TL-R470T+ LOAD BALACER ROUTER-Solution
2023-09-06 03:05:17 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:25:40

Hi @TEJA_MAMIDI 

TEJA_MAMIDI wrote

@Clive_A 

If you give me this diagram, instead of judging the WAN IP address on the R470T+, I'd say you are double-natting this. (Simply judge from a diagram). Set the modem router to bridge mode. That's the fix.

And I would appreciate it if you could read that article I gave. This situation has been explained in that article. I bet you did not try to understand it.

If you want direct technical support, I suggest you contact the technical support

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-25 08:29:24 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:25:41

@Clive_A can you please suggest me. The load balancer models which are not under EoL.for which the company can extent it service.  So that I want to buy few more for my usage. 

Options
2023-09-26 01:38:48 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:25:41

Hi @TEJA_MAMIDI 

TEJA_MAMIDI wrote

@Clive_A can you please suggest me. The load balancer models which are not under EoL.for which the company can extent it service.  So that I want to buy few more for my usage. 

1. We don't have a pay-to-extend-warranty service. Nor do we provide pay-to-firmware-update service. If you are a business owner and plan to get at least hundreds of Omada products at a time for your business, you can contact your regional TP-Link sales team by email. Omada Pro may be suitable for you.

Note that only when you need hundreds of products, the Omada Pro will be a choice for you. Omada Pro does not target home or small businesses. It's a paid tech support and service.

2. The latest hardware for the product line would be the ER Omada series. See it in the link. https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/omada-sdn-router/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 7

Related Articles