After migrate Omada between ESX host gateway is disconnected, restart gateway help for few hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

After migrate Omada between ESX host gateway is disconnected, restart gateway help for few hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-08 11:17:02 - last edited 2023-09-08 13:14:29
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.0 Build 20230629

Hi guys,

I need some support from TP-Link technicians with missing gateway in Omada. I migrate Omada VM between host and then (after few hours) connection with gateway was lost.

Environment:
Omada VM <-> ESX host <-> SG1008 switch <-> ER605v2 gateway

Info:

- no VLANs between Omada VM and gateway

- restart switch doesn't help

- restart Omada VM doesn't help

- restart gateway help for few hours

TP-Link, what data do you need to debug your software, where i can find them to do analysis?

ER605

Omada

+20y experience in Linux/UNIX, +12y VMware, +10y as network admin, +8y as AIX admin (professional) I really know what is going on at background, please don't try to cheat me TP-Link :)
Options
13 Reply
Re:After migrate Omada between ESX host gateway is disconnected, restart gateway help for few hours
2023-09-08 12:40:41

@DREEMus 

Connection to gateway is lost... do you mean it shows disconnected in the controller?  Or the VM physically disconnects from the network?

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
Re:After migrate Omada between ESX host gateway is disconnected, restart gateway help for few hours
2023-09-08 13:09:43
My screen is missing, let me add it again.
+20y experience in Linux/UNIX, +12y VMware, +10y as network admin, +8y as AIX admin (professional) I really know what is going on at background, please don't try to cheat me TP-Link :)
Options
2023-09-08 17:39:48

@DREEMus 

Tried resetting and readopting the router to the newly migrated controller?

Options
2023-09-08 18:23:34

@KimcheeGUN 

I think you don't red my post carefully. So i migrate VM between ESXi hosts, i don't made new Omada controler.

Anyway, where i can force readaption?

Options
2023-09-08 19:15:44

@DREEMus 

I read your post... I'm just saying… Have you tried resetting your router and readopted to the newly moved vm.  Sorry for mistyping my sentence.  

There isn't a quick way of doing it, unless you press the reset button.

Options
2023-09-08 19:29:46

@KimcheeGUN 

This will be easiest way to resolve my issue, but as IT guy, i want to know why this happen and how i can mitigate this in future.

Anyway, in business there is no time for playing with support on forum, equipment have to work all the time.

Options
2023-09-09 04:22:57 - last edited 2023-09-09 04:43:01

@DREEMus 

I see you are using Firmware Version: 2.2.0, this was probably withdrawn due to errors similar to the one you have. try and install Early Access Firmware Version: 2.1.4 which will replace Firmware Version: 2.2.0 ,

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/615998

if you want to know why this happens, tell TP-Link if you find out, they don't know either :-) adopt provisioning and disconnect from the controller has been a never ending problem with the Omada routers.

In particular ER605. I have ER8411 and ER707-M2, they work to be a little better, but I have to restart them every now and then too.

Options
2023-09-09 11:54:45

@MR.S 

Thx for the links, i saw them before made a post here.

I'm wondering why TP-Link don't make any mechanism to collect data from gateway or controller to make analysis bundle or any better by the user with tech skills.

I will reboot gateway again i see for how long it help.

The worst side of using TP-Link product is support, which is no support (in most cases).

I'm pretty sure, they should test early access (in real life beta) firmware in TP-Link env. not a customer (most business ones).

Anyway, blocking access to gateway because you manage it by controller is stupic from design, simple restart or basic "actions" should be possible remotely when you loose connection by controller (as in my case).

Options
2023-09-09 12:09:41

@DREEMus 

yes I agree, I don't get it either. it should be easy to add a reboot command in the http interface or via SSH. in most cases when the router disconnects from the controller is http or SSH available.

But they are slowly adding more features so there will probably be more logging and features in the future. it was also for a short time possible to restart the ER605 via SSH but this possibility disappeared, I think it was in a beta version that I don't remember the version of

Options
2023-09-09 12:18:00

@MR.S 

After restart of gateway, on controller i saw all steps from adopting, prov and configuration till connected status.

I'll let know for how long this help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 888

Replies: 13

Related Articles