ER7206 HomeKit Stopped Working After Firmware Upgrade to 1.3.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-10 10:02:11 - last edited 2023-09-11 10:13:30
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Yesterday morning I finally decided to upgrade my firmware to 1.3.0. The upgrade appeared to work fine and I went on with a busy Saturday. Last evening I noticed that all of my HomeKit devices were not responding. This never happens, so I'm quite confident it was related to the firmware upgrade.

What new settings may have been introduced to cause this behavior? Would any existing settings have seen their configuration changed?

I thought I would ask before I start randomly changing configurations to find the offending setting.

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER7206 HomeKit Stopped Working After Firmware Upgrade to 1.3.0-Solution
2023-09-11 10:13:27 - last edited 2023-09-11 10:13:30

@Clive_A 

Thank you for the reply! I've had mDNS configured and working properly for awhile. I do run multiple VLANs, with the bulk of my IoT devices (controlled by HomeKit) in a dedicated VLAN.

Fortunately, this appears to have been corrected by me... rebooting the router. When in doubt... turn it off and turn it back on. When I did that, HomeKit came back to life. *shrug*

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:ER7206 HomeKit Stopped Working After Firmware Upgrade to 1.3.0
2023-09-11 05:48:54

Hi @jim2cpu 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Do you have mutliple VLANs? If yes, that could be an mDNS issue. However, that leads to the next question, have you configured the mDNS repeater on the router before?

If you did not configure mDNS, and you don't have any VLAN either, then this does not seem to be an issue with the router. So, we gotta figure out what kind of issue this is.

Most IoT stuff would experience issues when there are VLANs and the IoT and phones are separated in different networks.

You can try this link first: Troubleshooting mDNS Repeater on the Router Doesn't Take Effect

Based on my experience, HomeKit seems to have mDNS preset on the mDNS repeater function page. Don't have any other clues for me now.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:ER7206 HomeKit Stopped Working After Firmware Upgrade to 1.3.0-Solution
2023-09-11 10:13:27 - last edited 2023-09-11 10:13:30

@Clive_A 

Thank you for the reply! I've had mDNS configured and working properly for awhile. I do run multiple VLANs, with the bulk of my IoT devices (controlled by HomeKit) in a dedicated VLAN.

Fortunately, this appears to have been corrected by me... rebooting the router. When in doubt... turn it off and turn it back on. When I did that, HomeKit came back to life. *shrug*

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 297

Replies: 2

Related Articles