Username / password changed after firmware update ( 2.12 > 2.14 )

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Username / password changed after firmware update ( 2.12 > 2.14 )

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Username / password changed after firmware update ( 2.12 > 2.14 )
2023-09-19 01:07:54

Hi @Naldjer 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Naldjer wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks again for your reply!

Could you tell me what has been changed regarding the authentication in this beta firmware? 

I dont know how, but ive got a message that "special characters" are illigal now. But in previous versions it was possible to use special characters. 

/Br/ht)sTMk_"m(<B>UN this is the password of my router. Can you see if any of those characters are illigal in this firmware version?

Upgrading the old version of firmware to the latest version prompts a username and password error because the new version fixes a replay attack vulnerability and updates the verification mechanism during login (adding a timestamp, which is equivalent to a change in the encrypted content of each login password). However, due to the browser cache, the password will still be verified using the old encryption mode before the upgrade, resulting in login failure. Clearing the browser cache and relaunching your browser can fix this problem.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-20 18:24:38

Hi all,

It seems that after the firmware update, the router got adopted to the cloud. I did not ask for this, but now i know this i could continue.

Thanks all!

Options
2023-09-21 02:37:55

@Naldjer plss give me Mya user and password my router 

Options
Related Articles