During morning, camera not able to adjust colour after coming out of darkness

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-16 16:36:56
Model: VIGI C340  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 230630 Rel.55569n

Hi,

I am using the Vigi C340 2.0 external camera connected to my router directly ethernet cable and using the Vigi Android app to operate the camera. I do not have separate NVR connected. I have been using this for 5 to 6 days in continuous mode; for the past 2 days i am noticing that during the morning after sunrise, when ambient light is becoming brighter, the camera video is becoming either full white on one day and on another day the video is full blue and is not showing true colour. On rebooting the camera it is becoming normal.

The settings I am maintaining are as follows: 

>> HLC - Disabled

>> Smart Frame - Disabled

>> WDR - Auto

>> Power Line frequency - 60 Hz (India)

>> Night Vision - Auto Infrared

Is this a firmware issue, or a hardware issue? Note - On rebooting the camera, the video is coming normal.

Regards

Wreet

File:
Camera - issue Screenshots.zipDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:During morning, camera not able to adjust colour after coming out of darkness
2023-09-18 02:46:18 - last edited 2023-09-18 02:52:21

Hi @Wreet 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This is not a hardware or firmware issue. You should consider checking your brightness, Prevent overexposure and WDR.

WDR and Prevent overexposure should be your focus. This is overexposure due to too bright ambient light.

How to avoid the overexposure of image

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:During morning, camera not able to adjust colour after coming out of darkness
2023-09-18 13:34:16 - last edited 2023-09-18 13:34:58

Hi Wreet,

I saw that you have set the Power Line Frequency to 60Hz. The powerline frequency for India is 50Hz.

I had quite a bit of flickering issue which as resolved once I corrected this.

In an unrelated question, Can you let me know when and where you purchased the hardware V2 of C340 ? I have been waiting to get my hands on it for a couple of weeks now.

Regards,

Monish

Options
2023-09-19 01:30:20
Hi Monish, Thanks for noting this. I just changed it and will see whether this is the cause. Hope you have seen the attachments where i shared the SS of the issue. I purchased it online in Amazon India, 1.5 months ago. Regards Wreet
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 260

Replies: 3

Related Articles