IPSec VPN Policies Vanished but some still working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-18 19:40:58 - last edited 2023-09-19 12:24:58
Tags: #VPN
Model: OC200   ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.9.32

I have 4 sites. Each has a VPN link to at least 2 others. For clarification here is the jist:

Site 1 connected to 2, 3, 4.

Site 2 to 1,3,4.

Site 3 to 1,2.

Site 4 to 1, 2.

(Site 3 and 4 don't need to talk to each other)

Site 4's WAN IP recently changes, so I loaded up the Controller to change it and all of the policies for Sites 1,2 and 4 are missing. Site 1, 2, and 3 are all still connected to each other, but the VPN settings page says "No VPN Policies Yet". When I reboot the router at Site 1, it even shows the VPN establishing connections to Site 2 & 3.

Site 3 still has it's VPN Policies visible and able to edit, which leads me to believe that the IP address change at Site 4 had something to do the issue.

I am concerned that if I try to add the policies back, that the system will essentially create duplicate VPNs and screw it all up. I can't make any major changes between 9AM and 9PM without disrupting business.

HELP PLEASE! I NEED A GROWNUP!

Site 1 VPN Status in Insights Site 1 VPN Status list in Insights Site 1 List of VPN Policies looks like this at sites 1,2, & 4.

Site 3 List of VPN Policies (this is working as expected)

Site 1 Log Entry showing reconnection to Site 2 and 3 after Reboot.

Options
3 Reply
Re:IPSec VPN Policies Vanished but some still working
2023-09-19 03:33:05

@liljeffylarry 

Hi, you need to change all VPN settings which are related to the site4 WAN ip, because the WAN IP changed and those VPN rules didn't work either.

Suggest you bind the WAN IP to DDNS or apply for a static IP from the ISP, otherwise, you will need to change the settings again and again once the WAN IP changed.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-09-19 12:22:56

@Virgo I appreciate the time, but the whole point of my post was that I am unable to change VPN settings at sites 1,2, and 4.  I apologize if I didn't make that clear enough. 

Options
2023-09-20 03:17:55

@liljeffylarry 

Uhm... I haven't such complicated VPN settings, maybe delete all VPN settings and re-create them is a better choice. But it will be a long time.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 392

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles