Camera outdoor cable lifetime

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-21 10:35:20
Model: VIGI C540V  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Hello,

Im very afraid to use the original outdoor solution for Camera outdoor cable. Firstly there is no plastic pin to block not used jack and secondly how long can the link survive? Do you use another solution to make sure the link survive few years? 

Thank you 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Camera outdoor cable lifetime
2023-09-22 05:37:05

@Patrik_C540V 

Hi, I've had my camera hanging outside for a year now, and so far it's been fine... don't worry about weathering it.
If the connector is in a spot where you're worried about water getting in, you can wrap a loop of waterproof tape around it.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Camera outdoor cable lifetime
2023-09-25 01:23:44

Hi @Patrik_C540V 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I am curious about the statement you've made. Inside the package contents, we include the waterproof cable attachments which include the waterproof seal plastic.

This is a very basic and mature outdoor sealing solution. With the waterproof seal ring, it stops the water from getting inside.

About the durability, I cannot give you a definite answer to that. This depends on your use environment. But our outdoor products are made of plastic that is qualified for outdoor use. So, it should last pretty long for years. If you are still worried about it, you can use whatever material you can find to cover the device.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 228

Replies: 2

Related Articles