How to setting EAP245 and EAP 225

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-21 22:10:36
Tags: #Mesh #ADOPTING ERROR
Model: EAP245   EAP225  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Hi Guys, 

I have 2 EAPs (245 and 225), i want use this two EAPs on Pre-Configurated VLAN (PFSENSE). I Just Want set this two EAPs on MESH Settings With a Name. But got an error when i try adopt this two EAPs on my New Site.

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to setting EAP245 and EAP 225
2023-09-22 07:51:03

Hello @TNUSUP,

What is the firmware version of your controller?

What is the specific error message when you adopted the EAP failed?

There are several possibilities that may cause the adopt failed issue, you may refer to this document to do some troubleshooting first.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-09-25 13:34:47

@Hank21 

First... Thanks for Reply Hank21 and Sorry for my English...

i'm not a expert on EAPs... the EAPs on the last version firmware, and Omada Controller on 5.9.31..

eap_245

eap_225

When i try adobt i just got a error and the EAPs got Diconnected. When this happen, i cannot connect anymore and i've "reset from factures" EAPs pressing the "Reset" Buttom. 

On my Firewall VLAN, there is DHCP service already enabled and Captive Portal. 

My Topology is:   FW (VLAN) => SWITCH HP- (Specific Unttaged port) => EAP (245) OUT (cable to) => EAP (225)...... (I will NOT use VLAN, DHCP or Cap Portal from EAPs)

The DHCP Service i fixed a specific IP Numbers for EAPs Mac address

- Maybe i must have turn the EAPs DHCP service off on Omada, before try adopt?

- Omada must to be active on LAN? Omada can control EAPs from passive service? Can i active "Mesh Service" without Omada Controller? (Going directly on EAP IP Address)

On FW Rules i unlocked EAP ports:

fw_rules

Best Regards!

Marcus

Options
2023-09-26 02:16:39

Hi @TNUSUP

TNUSUP wrote

- Maybe i must have turn the EAPs DHCP service off on Omada, before try adopt?

- Omada must to be active on LAN? Omada can control EAPs from passive service? Can i active "Mesh Service" without Omada Controller? (Going directly on EAP IP Address)

You need to make sure the EAP and the controller can communicate with each other, and do the ping test for checking.

EAP245 V4 and EAP225 V3 support the Passive POE, you can use the original POE adapter to supply the power for them.

EAP245 V4 has released the latest firmware 1.2.0 supports Standalone Mesh, but EAP225 V3 doesn't, so you still need to set the Mesh feature on the controller, and we suggest running the controller constantly for Mesh functionality.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 567

Replies: 3

Tags

Mesh
ADOPTING ERROR
Related Articles