Unable to create entry for single IP in Preferences -> IP Group -> IP Address on ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to create entry for single IP in Preferences -> IP Group -> IP Address on ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-24 22:33:30 - last edited 2023-09-26 01:41:21
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20230511 Rel.51317

I'm starting to take steps to block all DNS requests other than the DNS server I have setup locally on my Pi-Hole.  I was wanting to make an entry for the Pi-Hole so I can allow DNS requests only from that host external to my network, but when I try and create an entry it adds the whole IP range rather than a single IP address.  This is a ER605 in stand alone mode, I do not have the Omada controller.  I can do an IP range with just that single IP address, but that doesn't sound right.  Am I doing something wrong?

c928392f76e64e2ab5cd84037f1ac21e

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to create entry for single IP in Preferences -> IP Group -> IP Address on ER605-Solution
2023-09-25 01:44:27 - last edited 2023-09-26 01:41:21

Hi @Witchboard 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

192.168.0.1/32 equals a single IP address 192.168.0.1.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to create entry for single IP in Preferences -> IP Group -> IP Address on ER605-Solution
2023-09-25 01:44:27 - last edited 2023-09-26 01:41:21

Hi @Witchboard 

192.168.0.1/32 equals a single IP address 192.168.0.1.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Unable to create entry for single IP in Preferences -> IP Group -> IP Address on ER605
2023-09-25 01:46:12 - last edited 2023-09-25 01:50:31

Thanks for the response. I'm trying to add 192.168.0.2 but when I do, it shows up at 192.168.0.0.

Oh, you mean my mask is wrong.  Okay, I'll give that a shot.  Thanks.

Thanks.  That did it.  Sorry for my ignorance.  I appreciate the help.

Options
Re:Unable to create entry for single IP in Preferences -> IP Group -> IP Address on ER605
2023-09-25 02:15:17
Different but related question. Where do I create IP port groups on a stand alone ER605? Most of the tutorials I'm finding use the Omada controller and not stand alone. I'm not seeing the option.
Options
2023-09-25 06:15:11

Hi @Witchboard 

Witchboard wrote

Different but related question. Where do I create IP port groups on a stand alone ER605? Most of the tutorials I'm finding use the Omada controller and not stand alone. I'm not seeing the option.

If I did not recall it wrong, that's a feature on the switch. In Switch ACL. Gateway ACL with the IP-Port is not available for LAN-LAN. I have a confirmation that dev plan to add this in the future.

Options
2023-09-25 18:30:43
Thank you Clive.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 5

Related Articles