Create a simple mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-24 22:48:59
Tags: #Mesh
Model: EAP225-Outdoor   EAP650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I work in music production.  I use a private LAN to control an audio console.  I am starting to operate on stages where my 650 isn't strong enough to reach from either the stage or my mixing position so I want to create a mesh network.

I currently have the following:

1x PoE Network Switch

1x EAP650

1x EAP225 (new, yet to be intregrated)

My goal is to link the two EAPs together so I can seemlessly transition between the stage and mix position (sometimes over 100' away from the stage).

My current issue is that when I try to connect to an EAP control panel either on my 650 or my 225 the address tplinkeap.net,  tplinkwifi.net, 192.168.0.1, 10.0.0.0, all do not resolve.

I have done the following:

1. Isolate the two EAPs

2. Directly connect via ethernet

3. Try to use the Omada Controller Software

Options
1 Reply
Re:Create a simple mesh network
2023-09-25 08:24:50

Hello @Ian_Buss_Audio,

Please reset this EAP first, and then just connect a PC to EAP with an Ethernet cable like this: EAP---PC.
Please set a static IP address like 192.168.0.10 on this PC. And try to ping EAP's default IP address 192.168.0.254.
And if you don't mind, please share the result of the Ping test.

How to set static IP address
How to ping

If you can Ping this IP address successfully, please use 192.168.0.254 to log into the EAP's management page.
And check whether the connection type is Dynamic or Static. If it is Static, please change it to Dynamic.
Also check the firmware version, if it isn't the latest version, please upgrade it.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options