Canon Printer does not connect on some EAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-25 14:09:11
Model: EAP650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hello,

I've replaced one of my EAP with the new EAP650.

My canon printer (11ng 2.4 capable) does not connect on this EAP and will only select another antenna with a poorer coverage. 

I've checked on the EAP650 and all networks are supported....

Is there any reasons why this printer cannot connect on the EAP650. I've another EAP (EAP225v3) on the floor below (with a better coverage) and the printer is not selecting it either.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Canon Printer does not connect on some EAP
2023-09-25 16:41:03

@Ced2ric 

Got an idea..

Had this strange scenario once where the printer (HP) would always connect to the furthest away AP..   turns out the WiFi card in the printer scanned for the SSID in acending order of channel (1-11).  Therefore it seen the SSID on channel 1 and connected each time, even though the AP was the furthest away.

Check the AP its connected to and see what channel its on, notice your post above the AP 650 is on channel 6.. hopefully the other AP is on 1 to 5 and that is your issue too.

If so, swop the channels to have the 650 on channel 1, other AP on 6 and retry

Hopefully that is your issue!!!

Options