External access to traffic statistics

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-25 21:13:05 - last edited 2023-10-01 20:31:21
Model: TL-ER6020  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 Build 20180702 Rel.59031

Hello
Is it possible to gain access to the current transfer through WAN ports (Status/Traffic Statistics or Network/Switch) through an external application, e.g. written in C# or a web application in PHP?
It's about local access.

Is that what Radius might do ?

I am looking for simple solution, only ttransfer rates throught different WAN ports
Thank you.

Options
4 Reply
Re:External access to traffic statistics
2023-09-26 06:16:04

@james890 What's the meaning of "only ttransfer rates throught different WAN ports"? Could you provide a specific scenario?

Options
2023-09-26 15:08:35

@Dahliana I am using this router in home for aggregating download speed from different ISPs.

Lets say I am downloading a single big file and this router allows me to download it faster.

When downloading on Windows, for example with FreeDownloadManager, it shows me 

one aggregated download speed, because Windows does not know that connected LAN cable

is from router with multiple active WAN ports. I want to see download speed for every single ISP.

Options
2023-09-27 01:32:44

@james890 

your title and first description are not clear and I barely understand what you say. it sounds like you want to monitor the download speed via API stuff.

so now it turns out to be you want to aggregate the download speed?

james890 wrote

@Dahliana I am using this router in home for aggregating download speed from different ISPs.

Lets say I am downloading a single big file and this router allows me to download it faster.

When downloading on Windows, for example with FreeDownloadManager, it shows me 

one aggregated download speed, because Windows does not know that connected LAN cable

is from router with multiple active WAN ports. I want to see download speed for every single ISP.

ambiguous expression. 

see = monitor?

or see = expect download from every ISP? 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-09-27 06:10:04 - last edited 2023-10-01 20:31:21

@Tedd404 sorry, maybe my english is not perfect, or maybe it is because I have limited knowledge about technical terms regarding routers

Yes, I want to monitor the download speed in external app via API (or in any other way) if possible

I want to be able to connect from my app on Windows to router to get current download speed every few seconds so I can show it in my app

And yes, I also want to aggregate the download speed but it works for me now, I only mention it because I want in my app

download speed for every single ISP connected to WAN ports (as it shows in router web panel under Status/Traffic Statistics or Network/Switch).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 272

Replies: 4

Related Articles