IKEv2/IPsec Support for ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-12 18:12:48
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1 Build 20220223 Rel.68551

Hi,

I followed step by step instructions mentioned in the following link https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/faq/3447/ & I was able to sucessfully establish a connection. Beyond that nothing else was working. There were a few changes - mostly due to firmware version difference. I have attached the screenshot of the configuration.

Please advise.

Cheers,

Kunal

Options
3 Reply
Re:IKEv2/IPsec Support for ER605
2023-10-16 02:09:48

@KunalB Are you unable to connect to this VPN server? I see that there is no problem with the IPSec VPN you configured. You can send config information about the end devices connected to the VPN.

Options
2023-10-27 03:43:08

@KunalB I have recently upgraded the device firmware to 2.2.2 Build 20231017 Rel.68869 and I can find a lot of changes - Specially in the VPN section. Is it possible to provide step by step configuration details for setting up the IKEv2/IPsec VPN in the new firmware version. Also, can the earlier / existing VPN setup (L2TP/Ipsec) co-exist with IKEv2/IPsec??

Regards,

KB

Options
2023-10-27 05:37:04

Hi @KunalB 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

KunalB wrote

@KunalB I have recently upgraded the device firmware to 2.2.2 Build 20231017 Rel.68869 and I can find a lot of changes - Specially in the VPN section. Is it possible to provide step by step configuration details for setting up the IKEv2/IPsec VPN in the new firmware version. Also, can the earlier / existing VPN setup (L2TP/Ipsec) co-exist with IKEv2/IPsec??

Regards,

KB

The steps of configuration for the IPsec do not change. So, the FAQ you can find on the official website still works. I am not sure why you need another guide?

Can co-exist. It does not conflict.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 393

Replies: 3

Related Articles